    seem to exist yet and I dont really want to have to spend socket 939 money on a CPU.

    So, can someone recommend something that is 1. available, 2. not too expensive,
    and 3. takes a cheap CPU.

    Richard, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Unfortunately server boards are never cheap here. My recommendation
    would be to import some surplus Xeon boards from the US that take the
    older 400MHz FSB Xeon processors.

    I think Micro X-Press ship internationally, and they have boards on sale
    for $US114.

    http://www.emicrox.com/eShop/Product.aspx?pid=945012&SEID=1

    Another possiblity is i875 boards. These are available with PCI-X slots,
    but you would want to ensure the GbE is either CSA, or on the 64-bit
    bus, if you need full duplex speeds.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Oct 26, 2004