    also am i wasting my time looking for this. will all my problems be
    answered with the new "pci-express" bus? how long am i going to have
    to wait for this?

    Dan Irwin, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    On 23 Dec 2003 21:12:54 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >i'm looking for the most up to date motherboard with at least 1
    >pci-x\64 bit pci slot on it for an ultra-320 scsi card to go in. I

    U320 is some really serious kit, building a real time atmospheric
    modeling workstation are you?
    Just the card alone is USD $350 to 1400 for the top of the range array
    controllers.

    >also need at least an agp 4x(preferablely 8x) slot and at least 4(or 3

    Most likely AGP8 now.

    Lots of mobo reviews / comparison charts - www.google.com

    >also am i wasting my time looking for this. will all my problems be
    >answered with the new "pci-express" bus? how long am i going to have

    It's on server level motherboards,rackmount kit, seems to be around USD
    $4000.
    >to wait for this?

    You didn't say what your problems are.

    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra has a U320 Adaptec AIC-7902W controller built
    in, maybe not a full feartured as a card.
    http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP Ultra.htm
    see the online manuals.

    Try www.google.com for more information.

    Me

    why?, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 23 Dec 2003 21:12:54 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:
    >
    > >hi,
    > >
    > >i'm looking for the most up to date motherboard with at least 1
    > >pci-x\64 bit pci slot on it for an ultra-320 scsi card to go in. I

    > U320 is some really serious kit, building a real time atmospheric
    > modeling workstation are you?
    > Just the card alone is USD $350 to 1400 for the top of the range array
    > controllers.
    >
    > >also need at least an agp 4x(preferablely 8x) slot and at least 4(or 3

    > Most likely AGP8 now.
    >
    > >if it has an onboard nic) regular pci or better slots

    > Lots of mobo reviews / comparison charts - www.google.com
    >
    > >also am i wasting my time looking for this. will all my problems be
    > >answered with the new "pci-express" bus? how long am i going to have

    > It's on server level motherboards,rackmount kit, seems to be around USD
    > $4000.
    > >to wait for this?

    > You didn't say what your problems are.
    >

    > Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra has a U320 Adaptec AIC-7902W controller built
    > in, maybe not a full feartured as a card.
    > http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP Ultra.htm
    > see the online manuals.
    >
    > Try www.google.com for more information.
    >
    > Me

    i heard that board olny suports 4 drives, and in reality still is held
    by the limit of the pci buss

    Dan Irwin, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    On 24 Dec 2003 09:44:59 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On 23 Dec 2003 21:12:54 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:
    >>
    >> >hi,
    >> >
    >> >i'm looking for the most up to date motherboard with at least 1
    >> >pci-x\64 bit pci slot on it for an ultra-320 scsi card to go in. I

    >> U320 is some really serious kit, building a real time atmospheric
    >> modeling workstation are you?

    <snip>

    >> >also am i wasting my time looking for this. will all my problems be
    >> >answered with the new "pci-express" bus? how long am i going to have

    >> It's on server level motherboards,rackmount kit, seems to be around USD
    >> $4000.
    >> >to wait for this?

    >> You didn't say what your problems are.
    >>

    >> Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra has a U320 Adaptec AIC-7902W controller built
    >> in, maybe not a full feartured as a card.
    >> http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP Ultra.htm
    >> see the online manuals.
    >>
    >> Try www.google.com for more information.
    >>
    >> Me

    >i heard that board olny suports 4 drives, and in reality still is held
    >by the limit of the pci buss

    Well that's what the manual says. 4 drives in 2 arrays.

    With such a general request as you had, some answers were general
    coverage as well. Not that I can help with *exact* specs for the sort of
    power system you seen to be looking at.

    There is still always www.google.com , the hardware amd mobo news
    groups.

    Me

    why?, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 24 Dec 2003 09:44:59 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:
    >
    > >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...

    > >> U320 is some really serious kit, building a real time atmospheric
    > >> modeling workstation are you?

    > <snip>

    > >> It's on server level motherboards,rackmount kit, seems to be around USD
    > >> $4000.
    > >> You didn't say what your problems are.
    > >>

    > >> Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra has a U320 Adaptec AIC-7902W controller built
    > >> in, maybe not a full feartured as a card.
    > >> http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP Ultra.htm
    > >> see the online manuals.
    > >>
    > >> Try www.google.com for more information.
    > >>
    > >> Me

    > >i heard that board olny suports 4 drives, and in reality still is held
    > >by the limit of the pci buss

    > Well that's what the manual says. 4 drives in 2 arrays.
    >
    > With such a general request as you had, some answers were general
    > coverage as well. Not that I can help with *exact* specs for the sort of
    > power system you seen to be looking at.
    >
    > There is still always www.google.com , the hardware amd mobo news
    > groups.
    >
    > Me

    i dont mean to be anoying but can you point me to a perticular group

    Dan Irwin, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    On 24 Dec 2003 20:55:48 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...

    <snip>

    >> >i heard that board olny suports 4 drives, and in reality still is held
    >> >by the limit of the pci buss

    >> Well that's what the manual says. 4 drives in 2 arrays.
    >>
    >> With such a general request as you had, some answers were general
    >> coverage as well. Not that I can help with *exact* specs for the sort of
    >> power system you seen to be looking at.
    >>
    >> There is still always www.google.com , the hardware amd mobo news
    >> groups.
    >>
    >> Me

    >i dont mean to be anoying but can you point me to a perticular group

    Try www.google.com / http://groups.google.com

    It's not that hard <groan> , ignore the "! 0" on the end of each line
    that's from my newsreader dump groups file.

    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.iwill! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.m-tech! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.octek! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.qdi! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan! 0

    Your Xmas bonus ,
    comp.periphs.scsi

    Even a basic google. search should have turned up
    http://www.tomshardware.com

    Me

    why?, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 24 Dec 2003 20:55:48 -0800, Dan Irwin wrote:
    >
    > >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news:<>...

    > <snip>

    > >> Well that's what the manual says. 4 drives in 2 arrays.
    > >>
    > >> With such a general request as you had, some answers were general
    > >> coverage as well. Not that I can help with *exact* specs for the sort of
    > >> power system you seen to be looking at.
    > >>
    > >> There is still always www.google.com , the hardware amd mobo news
    > >> groups.
    > >>
    > >> Me

    > >i dont mean to be anoying but can you point me to a perticular group

    > Try www.google.com / http://groups.google.com
    >
    > It's not that hard <groan> , ignore the "! 0" on the end of each line
    > that's from my newsreader dump groups file.
    >
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.iwill! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.m-tech! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.octek! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.qdi! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos! 0
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan! 0
    >

    > Your Xmas bonus ,
    > comp.periphs.scsi
    >
    > Even a basic google. search should have turned up
    > http://www.tomshardware.com
    >

    > Me

    thnaks for the help

    p.s.

    i've already posted to scsi and looked at 15 articals on tom's hardware ;-)

    Dan Irwin, Dec 25, 2003