    Thanks in advance,
    --
    Jim N
    Jim N, Jun 23, 2008

  2. Jim N

    Carlos Guest

    Jim,
    I am also searching for a PCI TV Tuner but for Vista x64.

    Check these ones for XP x64 compatibility:
    Encore ENLTV-FM (www.encore-usa.com)
    Kozumi KTV-01C (www.kozumi-usa.com)

    They have Vista x64 drivers but I didn't check XP x64.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 23, 2008

  3. See http://www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/pop.asp?pic=vista_support.gif

    Dominic Payer, Jun 24, 2008
  4. On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:01:43 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >Jim,
    >I am also searching for a PCI TV Tuner but for Vista x64.
    >
    >Check these ones for XP x64 compatibility:
    >Encore ENLTV-FM (www.encore-usa.com)
    >Kozumi KTV-01C (www.kozumi-usa.com)
    >
    >They have Vista x64 drivers but I didn't check XP x64.
    >Best of luck.
    >Carlos

    I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 PCI tuner in my Vista x64 box. Device
    Manager shows it as "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx).

    It works fine, along with my AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC
    tuner.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Steve Winograd, Jun 24, 2008
  5. Jim N

    Tom Lake Guest

    > I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 PCI tuner in my Vista x64 box. Device
    > Manager shows it as "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx).
    >
    > It works fine, along with my AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC
    > tuner.
    > --
    > Best Wishes,

    Yeah but how much RAM do you have? If you increase it to over 4 GB, the
    PVR-150
    will stop working. If you have 4 GB or less why would you want to run
    64-bit OS
    anyway?

    Tom Lake
    Tom Lake, Jun 24, 2008
  6. On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 03:00:28 -0400, "Tom Lake"
    <> wrote:

    >> I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 PCI tuner in my Vista x64 box. Device
    >> Manager shows it as "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx).
    >>
    >> It works fine, along with my AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC
    >> tuner.

    >Yeah but how much RAM do you have? If you increase it to over 4 GB, the
    >PVR-150 will stop working.

    I had 4 GB, but that apparently caused the problems with the AVerMedia
    tuner that I described in my message "Audio and Video Problems in
    Windows Media Center" of June 20. I took out a 1 GB RAM module, and
    both tuners are working well with 3 GB.

    >If you have 4 GB or less why would you want to run 64-bit OS anyway?

    More stable than 32-bit, more secure, signed drivers, etc.

    Steve Winograd, Jun 24, 2008
  7. I am with you, Steve - if you need >4 GB RAM you must have a 64bit OS, but
    that doesn't disqualify the rest of us from needing a peerless environment
    for our measly 2 GB!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 24, 2008
  8. Jim N

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Steve.

    Maybe I can add a couple of data points, for whatever they are worth.

    I'm only a casual user of Media Center because I don't have TV cable and my
    OTA reception on my 15-year-old omnidirectional antenna in the attic is
    sporadic, ranging from excellent to awful, and often fluttering within a few
    seconds. For a long time, I blamed Media Center, but finally realized that
    it is really an antenna problem, not a tuner or software problem. (Well, it
    WAS a software problem, too, but Hauppauge and Pinnacle finally brought that
    up to acceptable levels.)

    My rig is an EPoX MF570sli mobo/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU/4 GB OCZ PC6400
    RAM, with ATI Radeon X1600 512 MB PCI-express card. It started with 2 GB
    and was bumped to 4 GB a few months ago; I've never tried more than 4 GB,
    which seems plenty to me. The tuners are a Hauppauge HVR-1600 PCI card
    (Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo, per Device Manager) and a
    Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick (Pinnacle PCTV 800e), both bought about a year
    ago. Device manager says both drivers, dated in 2007, are up to date. I'm
    running Vista Ultimate x64. (For a couple of years, I used an ATI Radeon
    All-In-Wonder on my old WinXP rig, but ATI never got the software right for
    64-bit so I gave up on that.)

    Our house was wired for TV cable when built in the late 1980s, but we've
    never subscribed to TV Cable here. I bought a $100 omnidirectional antenna
    (looks like a big white pizza) from Radio Shack and mounted it on a pole in
    the attic. Then I cut the five cables the builder had installed and
    connected them to the antenna so that I have identical reception at five
    jacks in the house. One of the jacks, using a splitter, is connected to the
    computer's two tuners. (Neither the small antenna supplied with the Pro
    Stick nor the antenna booster I bought from Radio Shack seem to help much,
    if at all.)

    We live about 30 miles from Austin and 50 miles from San Antonio. On our TV
    in the living room, we get about a dozen channels, with variations based on
    the weather, of course. We can reliably watch all the major networks,
    including Fox and PBS, plus a couple of independent channels. On my
    computer, I can see most of the same channels, but some don't come in and
    some are sporadic.

    All the hardware and software work fine for me, except for the poor OTA
    reception because of the weak antenna.

    I've bought a couple of the new digital TV converter boxes (RCA and
    Magnavox). For reasons I don't understand, they both rate reception from
    the one antenna at about 40% on the connection in the bedroom but only 15%
    in the living room. We'll need to resolve that problem by February; it
    doesn't directly impact MC but they both rely on our antenna and are surely
    related.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 24, 2008
  9. Hi,
    i like my terratec,
    but i dont have a clue, wether you can get it in your country (usa , i
    guess)
    http://www.terratec.net/en/
    regards jk
    Juergen Kluth, Jun 25, 2008
  10. Jim N

    Mike Guest

    Tom Lake wrote:

    >> I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 PCI tuner in my Vista x64 box. Device
    >> Manager shows it as "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx).
    >>
    >> It works fine, along with my AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC
    >> tuner.
    >> --
    >> Best Wishes,
    >> Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Networking)

    > Yeah but how much RAM do you have? If you increase it to over 4 GB, the
    > PVR-150
    > will stop working. If you have 4 GB or less why would you want to run
    > 64-bit OS
    > anyway?
    >
    > Tom Lake

    Vista 64 Ultimate with 6GB Ram
    Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-500 dual digital tuner

    All working OK, never had a problem. Media Center works with both tuners.

    Mike
    Mike, Jun 27, 2008
  11. Jim N

    rhino skin Guest

    Try antennas direct (www.antennasdirect.com). I bought a medium range
    antenna and a signal booster and I get great digital reception. With just
    the antenna it was ok but the booster made the difference with the tuner
    cards.

    rhino skin, Jun 30, 2008
  12. Jim N

    Jim N Guest

    To all who responded - thank you. Sorry if my request started a religious
    discussion about 32 bit vs. 64 bit OS. I have a 2 GB of memory and it's all
    good.

    Again thanks to all who responded.
    --
    Jim N

    Jim N, Jul 1, 2008
  13. Jim N

    Ale Guest

    Check this out. Full drivers support Vista AND XP 64bits

    http://ar.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=592&l1=18&l2=83&l3=253&l4=0

    Ale, Jul 3, 2008