    is when using direct burn to a cd and then played back on advd player. ALSO
    WHEN RECORDING TO FILE AND THEN BURNED ON TO A CD BUFFERING OCCURS
    THANKS WAMMS

    Peter Waumsley, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Peter Waumsley

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Peter Waumsley
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > I have trouble with the sound being about a minute behind the picture
    > this is when using direct burn to a cd and then played back on advd
    > player. ALSO WHEN RECORDING TO FILE AND THEN BURNED ON TO A CD
    > BUFFERING OCCURS
    > THANKS WAMMS

    You are trying to record (let me get this right) directly through your TV
    card onto CD live, as it happens ?

    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Peter Waumsley

    Hamman Guest

    "Peter Waumsley" <> wrote in message
    > I have trouble with the sound being about a minute behind the picture

    this
    > is when using direct burn to a cd and then played back on advd player.

    ALSO
    > WHEN RECORDING TO FILE AND THEN BURNED ON TO A CD BUFFERING OCCURS
    > THANKS WAMMS

    i'm not suprised its screwed, compressing and converting live TV into mpeg2
    then burning to CD is a little demanding for most PC's.
    Can we have some specs, processor, how much ram, what tv card, hardware
    decoders/encoders etc

    hamman

    Hamman, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Peter Waumsley

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Hamman decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > "Peter Waumsley" <> wrote in message
    >> I have trouble with the sound being about a minute behind the
    >> picture this is when using direct burn to a cd and then played back
    >> on advd player. ALSO WHEN RECORDING TO FILE AND THEN BURNED ON TO A
    >> CD BUFFERING OCCURS THANKS WAMMS
    >>

    > i'm not suprised its screwed, compressing and converting live TV into
    > mpeg2 then burning to CD is a little demanding for most PC's.
    > Can we have some specs, processor, how much ram, what tv card,
    > hardware decoders/encoders etc
    >
    > hamman

    Methinks this'll be a beauty ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Peter Waumsley

    Hamman Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Hamman decided
    > it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >
    > > "Peter Waumsley" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have trouble with the sound being about a minute behind the
    > >> picture this is when using direct burn to a cd and then played back
    > >> on advd player. ALSO WHEN RECORDING TO FILE AND THEN BURNED ON TO A
    > >> CD BUFFERING OCCURS THANKS WAMMS
    > >>

    > > i'm not suprised its screwed, compressing and converting live TV into
    > > mpeg2 then burning to CD is a little demanding for most PC's.
    > > Can we have some specs, processor, how much ram, what tv card,
    > > hardware decoders/encoders etc
    > >
    > > hamman

    > Methinks this'll be a beauty ;-)
    > --

    Yeah, i'm just waiting for him to tell us that its a celly 333 with 64Mb ram
    and a PCTV Rave card...

    hamman

    Hamman, Apr 27, 2004