    connection just fine. Do I have a faulty NIC or problems with the pci of MB.
    Note, another NIC is installed, and shows, no matter which slot is used. I
    will also be trying other wireless connection sources as well.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2lkb253aGVlbCwgS0M=?=, Mar 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2lkb253aGVlbCwgS0M=?=

    BobC Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:37:27 -0800, Kidonwheel, KC wrote:

    > I am working with an HP PII 300mhz pc, trying to install a compusa branded
    > realtek wireless NIC. Another card was installed in another pc for an ad-hoc
    > connection just fine. Do I have a faulty NIC or problems with the pci of MB.
    > Note, another NIC is installed, and shows, no matter which slot is used. I
    > will also be trying other wireless connection sources as well.

    Most wireless NICs do not have win98 drivers so you need to tell us what OS
    you have. Did you install the NIC and driver correctly. Some manufacturers
    require that you install the drivers before installing the NIC itself.
    BobC, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Bob, I appreciate the response. My goof! The OS on system is Windows XP Home
    Edition

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lkb253aGVlbCwgS0M=?=, Mar 22, 2006