PCI modem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
    Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=

    Rick Guest

    Stanj wrote:
    > How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
    > Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

    Have you booted into Win x64 with the modem in a PCI slot to see if it
    was recognized a PnP device?

    Rick, Sep 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=

    Rick Guest

    General Description:

    Internal V.90 Rockwell chip-set based voice/fax/data speakerphone
    PCI modem. It supports up to 56K (FCC allows 53.3K only) downstram and
    33.6K upstram data transfer. It has built-in microphone and
    speakerphone jacks. COM port is set via PnP. HSF.

    If you had used your friend Google, you would have found the above
    information.

    Rick, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Stanj wrote:

    >How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
    >Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

    Without a 64-bit driver, you can't.

    If it's an OEM implementation of a reference design, *and* there's a
    reference 64-bit driver, that _might_ work - but you'd probably be limited
    to the baseline reference functionality.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Sep 19, 2005
  6. Hi Rick,The modem is installed in a PCI slot and connected to the phoneline.I
    turned on power on the computer.I then went to Device Manager and there was
    NO modem in the list.I then went to CP>Add Hardware.The Add Hardware
    Wizard-"The wizard is searching for hardware that has been connected to your
    computer recently but has NOT yet been installed"-"Is the hardware
    connected?"
    "Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?" YES
    That's as far as the Add Hardware Wizard got.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 19, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=

    Rick Guest

    The reference I got claimed your Rockwell chip was a Plug-and-Play Win
    Modem. If it's not recognized in the current slot, try moving it to
    another slot.

    Rick, Sep 20, 2005