PCI IDE Card and Windows x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Does anybody know of a PCI IDE Card that is compatible with Windows x64?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=, Oct 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    PJB Guest

    GeForce 6600

    PJB, Oct 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Rick Guest

    I thought that was a video card, not an IDE card?

    Rick, Oct 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    So far all that I have seen posted are boards that don't work. Good luck,
    seem to be an unsupported item so far.

    John Barnes, Oct 24, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Rob Stow Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > So far all that I have seen posted are boards that don't work. Good luck,
    > seem to be an unsupported item so far.
    >

    > "BigAnthony" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anybody know of a PCI IDE Card that is compatible with Windows x64?
    >> Thanks.

    I put in a old 2 port HighPoint "RocketRAID 100" for someone a
    few weeks ago and it seems to be working.

    The RAID capabilities of the card are unavailable because of no
    XP-64 drivers. However, it otherwise seems to be doing just
    fine as an extension of the number of IDE ports in his system.

    He hooked up his hard drives to the motherboard's IDE ports and
    his DVD burner to the RocketRAID and AFAIK he hasn't made any
    coasters yet.

    Rob Stow, Oct 24, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Hopefully others with success will report them. Thanks.

    John Barnes, Oct 24, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Ken Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=" <> wrote
    in news::

    > Does anybody know of a PCI IDE Card that is compatible with Windows x64?
    > Thanks.

    Maxtor (Promise) Ultra 100 or 133 works natively in x64.

    Ken

    Ken, Oct 24, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting as it was reported earlier that the Maxtor did not work. See
    Can't boot to XP64 with drives connected to Maxtor Ultra ATA133. from
    9/21/2005
    Quote "Also, I forgot to mention that I spoke with Promise Technology's tech
    support
    today. They said that they do not have any 64-bit drivers for their card,
    and
    neither does Maxtor. "

    John Barnes, Oct 25, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnQW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Ken Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in

    > Interesting as it was reported earlier that the Maxtor did not work.
    > See Can't boot to XP64 with drives connected to Maxtor Ultra ATA133.
    > from 9/21/2005
    > Quote "Also, I forgot to mention that I spoke with Promise
    > Technology's tech support
    > today. They said that they do not have any 64-bit drivers for their
    > card, and
    > neither does Maxtor. "

    One of the systems here has a Maxtor 133 IDE controller in it and has
    worked since the first public beta. The driver used is "ultra.sys" and is
    part of the default install. I'm not sure why the original poster had
    trouble booting but it wasn't due to lack of a driver. And why the Promise
    people didn't know that the driver is on the x64 installation media? Who
    knows?

    Ken

    Ken, Oct 25, 2005