PCI half heght sata controller card

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, May 1, 2011.

  1. Anyone know where I can get one within NZ

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, May 1, 2011

  2. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Allistar wrote:
    > Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know where I can get one within NZ

    > Are these half height?
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=377541
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=380839

    Yeah, they're less than, likely 1/3 height. They seem identical, at least
    they both use the SiL3512 SATA controller chip and the PCB seems identical.
    However they don't seem to come with a half-height bracket supplied but that
    shouldn't be hard to cobble together.

    Nice catch Allistar. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    ~misfit~, May 1, 2011

  3. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Allistar wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Allistar wrote:

    >>> Are these half height?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=377541
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=380839

    >> Yeah, they're less than, likely 1/3 height. They seem identical, at
    >> least they both use the SiL3512 SATA controller chip and the PCB
    >> seems identical. However they don't seem to come with a half-height
    >> bracket supplied but that shouldn't be hard to cobble together.
    >>
    >> Nice catch Allistar. :)

    > For anything computer based I normally stop at either auction sites,
    > or Ascent. Their service and delivery is excellent.

    Oh yeah. I think that, when it comes to orders with Ascent, I'm well over
    the half-century mark. They're my number one choice of suppliers for
    computer bits. They may not always be the absolute cheapest but they provide
    excellent service, something I've found lacking in other suppliers when you
    chase that last dollar saved.... (I have some horror-stories.... Can you say
    Dragon PC?)

    Ascent; my first port of call, top of my bookmarks list of NZ PC parts
    suppliers. With most orders I can place it in the afternoon and have it
    before lunch the next day.

    (I am in no way affiliated with Ascent, just a happy customer.)

    ~misfit~, May 2, 2011