    the desk top. It will boot in vga mode. I have downloaded and installed the
    latest driver from nvidia.
    any help would be appreciated.

    Wilson Aitken, May 29, 2005

  2. Wilson Aitken

    MrGrumpy Guest

    If you upgraded, as apposed to clean install Then format and reinstall, it
    will cause less problems in the long term.
    Does your sys have onboard vid that might require disabling in the bios?

    "Wilson Aitken" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to reinstall a PCI slot graphics card type"geforce fx 5200"

    made

    MrGrumpy, May 29, 2005

  3. Wilson Aitken

    Guest

    On "Wilson Aitken" <> wrote:

    |>I am trying to reinstall a PCI slot graphics card type"geforce fx 5200" made
    |>by PNY. have upgraded from win 98 to 2000. the motherboard is an apolo in a
    |>packard bell with a P3 processor. It hangs when it should be switching to
    |>the desk top. It will boot in vga mode. I have downloaded and installed the
    |>latest driver from nvidia.
    |>any help would be appreciated.

    When it hangs, your just seeing the desktop color/pix and nothing
    else? If so, press WinKey+R (type in): explorer <enter>

    --
    Molecular Expressions: The Silicon Zoo
    http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/

    , May 29, 2005
  4. I am only getting to the "windows is loading" screen before it hangs, the
    second colour screen.
    And it was a clean install.

    Wilson Aitken, May 29, 2005
  5. Wilson Aitken

    Guest

    On "Wilson Aitken" <> wrote:

    |>I am only getting to the "windows is loading" screen before it hangs, the
    |>second colour screen.
    |>And it was a clean install.

    Hit F8 while booting up to access a menu and create a bootlog.txt
    Use this program to read it in safe mode:
    http://www.greatis.com/security/bootlog.htm

    It's most likely a driver issue.

    |>"Wilson Aitken" <> wrote in message
    |>> I am trying to reinstall a PCI slot graphics card type"geforce fx 5200"
    |>made
    |>> by PNY. have upgraded from win 98 to 2000. the motherboard is an apolo in
    |>> packard bell with a P3 processor. It hangs when it should be switching to
    |>> the desk top. It will boot in vga mode. I have downloaded and installed
    |>the
    |>> latest driver from nvidia.
    |>> any help would be appreciated.

    --
    Molecular Expressions: The Silicon Zoo
    http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/

    , May 29, 2005
  6. Wilson Aitken

    Guest

    On wrote:

    |>Hit F8 while booting up to access a menu and create a bootlog.txt
    |>Use this program to read it in safe mode:
    |>http://www.greatis.com/security/bootlog.htm

    Sorry bout that, I sent you to a site that want's you to pay for a
    free program.

    Go here and download bootlog analyser
    http://www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/direct.htm

    Or double click this link: