    is, every time I plug the card in, the system refuses to boot. No signal
    to the monitor at all. Can't find anything helpful in the BIOS, unless
    I'm overlooking something obvious. Looking for fresh ideas.

    JTJersey, Oct 9, 2006

  2. JTJersey

    Brian Guest

    Is the PCI card good?
    Try disabling the onboard video in BIOS and reboot (might have to reset the
    jumper after that too if it doesn't work.
    If the board supports AGP then the onboard chip probably supports AGP which
    would be faster than the PCI card anyway, even with shared memory.

    Brian, Oct 21, 2006

  3. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:51:19 -0500, Brian wrote:

    > Is the PCI card good?
    > Try disabling the onboard video in BIOS and reboot (might have to reset the
    > jumper after that too if it doesn't work.
    > If the board supports AGP then the onboard chip probably supports AGP which
    > would be faster than the PCI card anyway, even with shared memory.

    There isn't an option in the BIOS to disable the onboard video. That
    would be too easy. There is no AGP slot on the board. Just 3 PCI slots
    which is why I chose the graphics card I mentioned, which is new, sealed in
    the box. I'll have to track down the jumper settings and see if I can work
    something there. Thanks for the idea.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Oct 24, 2006