PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394) driver required

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fairy Nuff, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. Fairy Nuff

    Fairy Nuff Guest

    I recently bought a second hand (but previously, unopened) copy of
    Pinnacle Studio DV Plus (Version 8) and after installing all the
    drivers and software supplied on the CD supplied, found that on
    restarting my PC that new hardware had been found (ie - the PCI card I
    had just installed) and that I should provide a link to the driver
    required for PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394). On inserting the CD supplied
    by Pinnacle, the required driver was not there. The installation
    process then asks for Windows '98 SE disk which I insert, but no
    required driver is on there either.

    I contact Pinnacle to see what steps to take next and they tell me the
    Windows Update page will have it, but again, no luck. However, there
    are pages of stuff about people having the same kind of problem with
    various other video editing suites by various other companies

    I can't connect my camcorder to my PC until such a time as I have this
    driver but Pinnacle say it should be on the Win 98 SE disk or at the
    Windows Update pages, but won't provide it themselves for the hardware
    and software they sold me. (Amazes me that they can do this!)

    Any ideas where I can get the required driver as I am getting nowhere
    with the technical pissabout staff at Pinnacle.

    Thanking you all in advance!
    Fairy Nuff, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Fairy Nuff

    Tony Guest

    "Fairy Nuff" <> wrote in message
    >I recently bought a second hand (but previously, unopened) copy of
    > Pinnacle Studio DV Plus (Version 8) and after installing all the
    > drivers and software supplied on the CD supplied, found that on
    > restarting my PC that new hardware had been found (ie - the PCI card I
    > had just installed) and that I should provide a link to the driver
    > required for PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394). On inserting the CD supplied
    > by Pinnacle, the required driver was not there. The installation
    > process then asks for Windows '98 SE disk which I insert, but no
    > required driver is on there either.
    >
    > I contact Pinnacle to see what steps to take next and they tell me the
    > Windows Update page will have it, but again, no luck. However, there
    > are pages of stuff about people having the same kind of problem with
    > various other video editing suites by various other companies
    >
    > I can't connect my camcorder to my PC until such a time as I have this
    > driver but Pinnacle say it should be on the Win 98 SE disk or at the
    > Windows Update pages, but won't provide it themselves for the hardware
    > and software they sold me. (Amazes me that they can do this!)
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get the required driver as I am getting nowhere
    > with the technical pissabout staff at Pinnacle.
    >
    > Thanking you all in advance!

    Are you sure you have windows 98 SE? The driver is included on the windows
    98SE disk but not windows 98. Original version of windows 98 didn't support
    firewire. If you are sure you have 98SE try here
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/ieee-1394_support.html
    Tony, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Fairy Nuff

    Fairy Nuff Guest

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:38:54 -0000, "Tony" <> wrote:

    >"Fairy Nuff" <> wrote in message
    >>I recently bought a second hand (but previously, unopened) copy of
    >> Pinnacle Studio DV Plus (Version 8) and after installing all the
    >> drivers and software supplied on the CD supplied, found that on
    >> restarting my PC that new hardware had been found (ie - the PCI card I
    >> had just installed) and that I should provide a link to the driver
    >> required for PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394). On inserting the CD supplied
    >> by Pinnacle, the required driver was not there. The installation
    >> process then asks for Windows '98 SE disk which I insert, but no
    >> required driver is on there either.
    >>
    >> I contact Pinnacle to see what steps to take next and they tell me the
    >> Windows Update page will have it, but again, no luck. However, there
    >> are pages of stuff about people having the same kind of problem with
    >> various other video editing suites by various other companies
    >>
    >> I can't connect my camcorder to my PC until such a time as I have this
    >> driver but Pinnacle say it should be on the Win 98 SE disk or at the
    >> Windows Update pages, but won't provide it themselves for the hardware
    >> and software they sold me. (Amazes me that they can do this!)
    >>
    >> Any ideas where I can get the required driver as I am getting nowhere
    >> with the technical pissabout staff at Pinnacle.
    >>
    >> Thanking you all in advance!

    >Are you sure you have windows 98 SE? The driver is included on the windows
    >98SE disk but not windows 98. Original version of windows 98 didn't support
    >firewire. If you are sure you have 98SE try here
    >http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/ieee-1394_support.html

    Thanks for response. Yes - definitely got Win98SE (4.10.2222 A) but
    no use to me. I'll try the site you recommend, tomorrow.
    Fairy Nuff, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Fairy Nuff

    Fairy Nuff Guest

    Re: PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394) driver required - 1394bus.sys.jpg (0/1)

    I thought I'd try re-installing the driver for the PCI FireWire (IEEE
    1394) as I thought I might be making a mistake, but as the attached
    pic shows, there is no 1394bus.sys file on my Windows 98 SE disk. Is
    there anywhere on the internet I can download the file from?
    Cheers

    Fairy Nuff, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Fairy Nuff

    Tony Guest

    Try here http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/60/60420.htm
    Tony, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Fairy Nuff

    Fairy Nuff Guest

    Re: PCI FireWire (IEEE 1394) driver required - 1394bus.sys.jpg (0/1)

    Excellent site, Tony - my card is now installed. Now to see if I can
    work the Pinnacle Studio!
    Thanks again.

    Fairy Nuff, Feb 11, 2005