    I'm pulling my hair out!
    Thanks,

    ---
    Kath, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Kath

    Boomer.. Guest

    Kath wrote:
    > I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
    > connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
    > recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
    > into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
    > browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
    > Any ideas?
    > I'm pulling my hair out!

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)
    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003

  3. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 3 Sep 2003 04:44:47 +0200,
    the troll posing as Boomer.. uttered this:

    >Kath wrote:
    >> I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
    >> connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
    >> recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
    >> into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
    >> browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
    >> Any ideas?
    >> I'm pulling my hair out!

    <snip>
    IGNORE the troll posing as Boomer, & posting from one of these
    anonymous remailers:-
    &
    The REAL Boomer posts from:-