pcanywhere problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by TD, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. TD

    TD Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having an extremely difficult time setting up PCanywhere.

    My situation is as follows.

    computer A has PCanywhere installed and is working properly with other
    computers and I was given two
    four digit numbers as the range to which I need to set something in my
    router (I don't know what).

    computer B has PCanywhere installed, but there are a couple problems
    here. my location is actually
    a cable modem plugged into a router in one office and then my wireless
    router plugged into that first router.
    The LAN setup is working properly and I get get online, but I think it's
    confusing my PCanywhere setup and
    computer A cannot see or setup with my computer B.

    my question is: do I need to change some settings in my router? I'm
    really not sure where to use these four digit
    numbers. The routers I have setup are both Dlink. One is a standard
    router the other is a Dlink wireless router.

    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

    TD
    TD, Feb 23, 2005

  2. The "port forwarding" numbers these are those 4 digit numbers that you have
    for your copy of PCAnywhere. Now these numbers need to be inserted in the
    port forwarding tab in your router's configuration page. You should have
    info on how to insert these numbers in your router's configuration page.
    Once you have inserted these numbers you should be able to access your
    computer on your LAN and access computers on your LAN with PCAnywhere.

    Computer Doctor
    Computer Doctor Project, Feb 24, 2005