    Any ideas ?

    Thank you in Advance

    Ed
    Ed, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Ed

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:01:25 GMT, Ed wrote:

    >I have a SBS 2003 server with PCanywhere installed, host mode
    >listening on port 5631. I can enter internally (192.168.1.102)
    >Externally I have port forwarding set to forward to port 5631 to the
    >internal ip address and port 5631.
    >when I enter internally on the network no problem.

    So you have portforwarding set on some device, which isn't important
    enough to mention? (or the version of PCA)

    >When I enter the external ip, it times out with no connection.
    >I have the SBS firewall shut off...
    >Any ideas ?

    Posted in 24HSHD before,
    http://www.portforward.com/
    lists 2 ports for PCA.

    this has also been posted before
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/app_port_list.htm
    and lists the same 2 ports.

    This seemed fairly obvious, but if the 1st two from,
    didn't strike you that way, then this is even tougher,

    www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 58,100 English pages for
    pcanywhere port forwarding
    (0.21 seconds)

    and this symantec article, the 1st hit
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J47652CDB

    Me
    why?, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    All of this has been done, chjeked and rechecked , It still doesnt
    work.
    two different model linksys routers have been tried, PCA v 11.5

    I am quite familar with port forwarding.

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:51:18 GMT, why?

    Ed, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Ed

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:26:45 GMT, Ed wrote:

    >All of this has been done, chjeked and rechecked , It still doesnt
    >work.

    <nicked from an old post>
    As mentioned before the following words apply -
    battery , crystal , flat and ball.

    It's nice to know before that you tries a few things, it may show you
    put some thought into solving your problem first.

    >two different model linksys routers have been tried, PCA v 11.5

    So then here are other things you would have already tried / eliminated
    as an issue.

    Something other than a Linksys.

    Without the Linksys, so 1 PC is directly connected to the ISP and you
    don't need to forward anything, prove it works with the least devices in
    the way. If that works then it's maybe a Linksys issue.

    Your ISP blocks some ports?

    Check Linksys support / firmware upgrades.

    >I am quite familar with port forwarding.

    However all the links refer to 2 ports so it's assumed in your OP you
    simply forgot to mention the 2nd port and your 'done, chjeked and
    rechecked' included the 2nd port.

    Packet sniffer, have you tried that?

    It's also assumed the external connection isn't you trying to get from
    your private LAN IP back out to the public IP and back in again but you
    are doing this across / from a totally different ISP?

    >On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:51:18 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:01:25 GMT, Ed wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a SBS 2003 server with PCanywhere installed, host mode
    >>>listening on port 5631. I can enter internally (192.168.1.102)
    >>>Externally I have port forwarding set to forward to port 5631 to the
    >>>internal ip address and port 5631.
    >>>when I enter internally on the network no problem.

    >>So you have portforwarding set on some device, which isn't important
    >>enough to mention? (or the version of PCA)
    >>
    >>>When I enter the external ip, it times out with no connection.
    >>>I have the SBS firewall shut off...
    >>>Any ideas ?

    >>Posted in 24HSHD before,
    >>http://www.portforward.com/
    >>lists 2 ports for PCA.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 25, 2005
  5. Ed

    FML Guest

    Re: PCAnywhere host on SBS 2003 Server will not allow connectionsthru linksys router

    Ed wrote:
    > I have a SBS 2003 server with PCanywhere installed, host mode
    > listening on port 5631. I can enter internally (192.168.1.102)
    > Externally I have port forwarding set to forward to port 5631 to the
    > internal ip address and port 5631.
    > when I enter internally on the network no problem.
    > When I enter the external ip, it times out with no connection.
    > I have the SBS firewall shut off...
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Thank you in Advance
    >

    > Ed

    IIRC, 192.168.1.102 is in the default DHCP range for Linksys routers
    (192.168.1.100 - 150). Have you tried giving the SBS server a static IP
    address outside the DHCP range (i.e. 192.168.1.200) and forward your
    ports to that address?
    FML, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Ed

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:38:47 -0500, FML wrote:

    >Ed wrote:
    >> I have a SBS 2003 server with PCanywhere installed, host mode
    >> listening on port 5631. I can enter internally (192.168.1.102)
    >> Externally I have port forwarding set to forward to port 5631 to the
    >> internal ip address and port 5631.
    >> when I enter internally on the network no problem.
    >> When I enter the external ip, it times out with no connection.
    >> I have the SBS firewall shut off...
    >> Any ideas ?
    >>
    >> Thank you in Advance
    >>

    >> Ed

    >IIRC, 192.168.1.102 is in the default DHCP range for Linksys routers
    >(192.168.1.100 - 150). Have you tried giving the SBS server a static IP
    >address outside the DHCP range (i.e. 192.168.1.200) and forward your
    >ports to that address?

    The OP wouldn't have done that, it's 1 of the normal things to be done
    when doing port forwarding.

    Me
    why?, Sep 25, 2005
  7. You need 5631 and 5632.