    for me, gave me the ip address and domain that the others are using to
    connect, my user name and password, and all I get it "Unable to attach
    to specic device". Can anyone spot a gap in what we've done?

    wheel, Mar 4, 2004

  2. The only thing that stands out is the ports that their pcAnywhere is
    listening for connects. Default is 5631 and 5632. If they are looking
    elsewhere, you will have to match it...

    Scott Williams, Mar 5, 2004

  3. wheel

    wheel Guest

    Thanks I'll check on that. But I wonder if it's anything to do with
    pcAnywhere. Since the Cisco VPN client reports the connection as ok,
    shouldn't I be able to see the network over there? I've never used a VPN
    before so I'm not sure what to expect. And I just noticed that the VPN
    connection reports that access ot the local LAN is off, I wonder if that
    is part of the issue.

    In article <N652c.19$%>,
    says...

    wheel, Mar 6, 2004
  4. wheel

    Guest

    I am wondering if you are encountering the same problem I am having.

    Check your VPN client connection statistics. Are you both sending and receiving
    data? My problem is not receiving data. I am still trying to find a solution
    for this.

    Doug

    wheel <> wrote:

    >Thanks I'll check on that. But I wonder if it's anything to do with
    >pcAnywhere. Since the Cisco VPN client reports the connection as ok,
    >shouldn't I be able to see the network over there? I've never used a VPN
    >before so I'm not sure what to expect. And I just noticed that the VPN
    >connection reports that access ot the local LAN is off, I wonder if that
    >is part of the issue.
    >
    >In article <N652c.19$%>,
    >says...
    >> The only thing that stands out is the ports that their pcAnywhere is
    >> listening for connects. Default is 5631 and 5632. If they are looking
    >> elsewhere, you will have to match it...
    >>
    >> "wheel" <> wrote in message
    >> > I have pcAnywhere 11 which I use to connect with various client networks
    >> > via my cable modem and linksys cable modem/router. Most have DSL or
    >> > cable also and we've been able to hook up pretty easily. However one
    >> > client uses a VPN and a Cisco PIX firewall. He has been using that
    >> > config for a while with various other external remotes like I will be,
    >> > and they work fine, but it is possible that he has forgotten a config
    >> > step because I'm not able to get through.
    >> >
    >> > I downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client software and it's
    >> > running and connected fine (he sent me a .pcf config file). He has
    >> > created a user acct on his Win2k domain, had an it guy set up "origin"
    >> > for me, gave me the ip address and domain that the others are using to
    >> > connect, my user name and password, and all I get it "Unable to attach
    >> > to specic device". Can anyone spot a gap in what we've done?

    , Nov 4, 2005