    Can I run both simultaneously? I'm okay with the fact that the PC3200 will
    run at PC2100 speed (if that is the answer).

    Thx, JM
    JM, Sep 6, 2004

  2. JM

    ICee Guest

    JM wrote:
    > I am currently running one 256MB PC2100 module in my ECS K7S5A, and I
    > need more memory. I have a brand new 512MB module of PC3200 sitting
    > on my desk. Can I run both simultaneously? I'm okay with the fact
    > that the PC3200 will run at PC2100 speed (if that is the answer).
    >

    > Thx, JM

    Yes.
    ICee, Sep 6, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    06 Sep 2004 16:55:23 GMT, "JM" <> screamed from behind
    the mulberry bush:

    >I am currently running one 256MB PC2100 module in my ECS K7S5A, and I need
    >more memory. I have a brand new 512MB module of PC3200 sitting on my desk.
    >Can I run both simultaneously? I'm okay with the fact that the PC3200 will
    >run at PC2100 speed (if that is the answer).

    Yes, if you stick the PC 3200 RAM in with the 2100, it will only run
    at the 2100 speed.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 6, 2004
  4. JM

    JM Guest

    Yep, up and running with both PC2100 and PC3200.

    Thanks.

    JM, Sep 7, 2004
  5. JM

    D Guest

    i also currently have a 3200 and a 2700 stick running in the same machine.
    one thing I have not done (and wonder if anyone else has?) is to do some
    benchmark testing as to whether I might be better off just running the 3200
    by itself?

    in theory, i should be running 1GB at the slower speed (2700). can anyone
    show that fact is different than theory here?

    anyone? anyone?

    cheers,

    D, Sep 9, 2004
  6. JM

    Unknown Guest

    Your computer cannot speed up just because you put faster memory in it. How
    can you be better off just running the 3200? Install as much memory as you
    can.

    Unknown, Sep 9, 2004
  7. JM

    D Guest

    i agree with the theory of what you are saying. i was simply asking if
    anyone else had actually benchmarked a similar circumstance?

    thanks

    D, Sep 9, 2004