    John Guest

    I am looking to upgrade memory on an old pc. Currently has 64mb pc100. If I
    was to install 128mb pc133, would it improve speed much?

    John, Nov 18, 2004

  2. John

    Martik Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:pa4nd.113$...
    >I am looking to upgrade memory on an old pc. Currently has 64mb pc100. If I
    > was to install 128mb pc133, would it improve speed much?

    No, you would need to be running your FSB at 133 to benefit, even then, you
    would not notice much difference. However, the additional memory at 100mhz
    will make a significant difference.

    Martik, Nov 18, 2004

  3. John

    striker Guest

    You can install the 133 it will just run at 100.

    striker, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Well... not all PC133 will run at 100mhz, and even if it will not all
    motherboards that only support a 100mhz bus will take PC133 ram, USUALLY it
    works, but I've seen cases where it does not.

    -L

    Locke Nash Cole, Nov 19, 2004