    Dell had pc100 ram, and the ibm had pc133. They look identical, and I'm nto
    very familiar with older ram, as I have 1GB of ddr400 sdram on this
    computer. Please let me know. Thanks.
    vince, Jun 5, 2004

  2. vince

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "vince" <> wrote in news:x%awc.3661$HG.3390@attbi_s53:

    > very familiar with older ram, as I have 1GB of ddr400 sdram on this
    > computer. Please let me know. Thanks.

    PC133 is backward compatible to PC100, it can be used interchangably with
    it.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Jun 5, 2004

  3. vince

    vince Guest

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    vince, Jun 6, 2004
  4. vince

    Stuart Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > "vince" <> wrote in news:x%awc.3661$HG.3390@attbi_s53:
    >

    >>very familiar with older ram, as I have 1GB of ddr400 sdram on this
    >>computer. Please let me know. Thanks.
    >>

    > PC133 is backward compatible to PC100, it can be used interchangably with
    > it.

    They will both work in either machine but only at the respective
    motherboard speeds. If you put the PC133 into a 100Mhz system then it
    will run at 100Mhz not 133Mhz.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jun 14, 2004