    closed), and the price is similar. My question is this: will PC133 work
    on my m/b, i.e. at 100 MHz?

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Gib Bogle

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:54:55 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:

    > I guess this means that it will not utilise the higher speed of the PC133
    > SDRAM. I can buy PC133 RAM today, but not PC100 (most places are closed),
    > and the price is similar. My question is this: will PC133 work on my m/b,
    > i.e. at 100 MHz?

    Yes - of course.

    That is the *maximum* speed that those sticks of RAM will work at.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Gib Bogle

    T.N.O. Guest

    Lennier wrote:
    >>I guess this means that it will not utilise the higher speed of the PC133
    >>SDRAM. I can buy PC133 RAM today, but not PC100 (most places are closed),
    >>and the price is similar. My question is this: will PC133 work on my m/b,
    >>i.e. at 100 MHz?

    > Yes - of course.

    Just to bump you down a peg, the answer should have read "Yes, it
    should" and in most cases IME at least, it does work just fine.

    > That is the *maximum* speed that those sticks of RAM will work at.

    That is true.

    T.N.O., Dec 29, 2003
  4. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    > Lennier wrote:
    >
    >>> I guess this means that it will not utilise the higher speed of the
    >>> PC133
    >>> SDRAM. I can buy PC133 RAM today, but not PC100 (most places are
    >>> closed),
    >>> and the price is similar. My question is this: will PC133 work on my
    >>> m/b,
    >>> i.e. at 100 MHz?

    >> Yes - of course.

    > Just to bump you down a peg, the answer should have read "Yes, it
    > should" and in most cases IME at least, it does work just fine.
    >
    >> That is the *maximum* speed that those sticks of RAM will work at.

    > That is true.

    It seems to be working so far.

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Hi there,

    Gib Bogle wrote:
    > On my RAM again, the m/b is a Jetway 920BF (SiS 620/5595) and the info
    > on the Jetway web site says:
    >
    > CPU Bus Frequency
    >
    > * Support Jump Adjust 66.7/100 MHZ CPU Bus Frequency Default Selection
    > * BIOS Adjust CPU/SDRAM Bus Frequence , Include 66/66MHZ , 75/75MHZ ,
    > 83/83MHZ , 100/100MHZ , 112/112MHZ , 124/124MHZ
    > * BIOS Adjust CPU Ratio Selection For 2 , 2.5 , 3 , 3.5 , 4 , 4.5 , 5 ,
    > 5.5 , 6 , 6.5 , 7 , 7.5 , 8
    >
    > I guess this means that it will not utilise the higher speed of the
    > PC133 SDRAM. I can buy PC133 RAM today, but not PC100 (most places are
    > closed), and the price is similar. My question is this: will PC133 work
    > on my m/b, i.e. at 100 MHz?

    PC133 *should* step down to 100. I've not seen 133 that hasn't, so if
    you found some that didn't step down it would be a first for me... :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 30, 2003