    thing I noticed tho; I couldnt add a new adapter in network options, plus
    there's no TCP/IP -> to adapter protocol, just the TCP/IP.... LAN-card is a
    Realtek 8139 pci. Help!!!
    Flippor, May 7, 2004

  2. Flippor wrote:

    > hi, the boy next door has a problem. his father tried to install a router
    > (and failed) but when he reconnected his pc directly to the modem it couldnt
    > connect to the internet and he asked me for help... It's a cable connection,
    > the modem is working fine and the UTP- cable is OK as well (they have 2 pc's
    > so I could check that). When trying to reinstall cable connection software
    > it came up with an error saying something's wrong with the UTP-cable or the
    > LAN-card. I reinstalled the LAN-card, checked IRQ and I/O settings, even
    > installed one of my own, but all fail to connect. winipcfg only comes up
    > with the local (PC's) IP. Testing the LAN-card it passes the output but the
    > loopback fails.... Then I set internetsettings back to default but nothing
    > works. This is driving me crazy. He's running Win ME on a Duron 950. One
    > thing I noticed tho; I couldnt add a new adapter in network options, plus
    > there's no TCP/IP -> to adapter protocol, just the TCP/IP.... LAN-card is a
    > Realtek 8139 pci. Help!!!

    Which windows? Remove all the networking stuff, do a hard reboot.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    Jeroen Wijnands, May 7, 2004

  3. Flippor

    Flippor Guest

    "Jeroen Wijnands" <4all.nl> schreef in
    bericht news:409b4f2b$0$64453$4all.nl...
    > Flippor wrote:
    >
    > > hi, the boy next door has a problem. his father tried to install a

    router
    > > (and failed) but when he reconnected his pc directly to the modem it

    couldnt
    > > connect to the internet and he asked me for help... It's a cable

    connection,
    > > the modem is working fine and the UTP- cable is OK as well (they have 2

    pc's
    > > so I could check that). When trying to reinstall cable connection

    software
    > > it came up with an error saying something's wrong with the UTP-cable or

    the
    > > LAN-card. I reinstalled the LAN-card, checked IRQ and I/O settings, even
    > > installed one of my own, but all fail to connect. winipcfg only comes up
    > > with the local (PC's) IP. Testing the LAN-card it passes the output but

    the
    > > loopback fails.... Then I set internetsettings back to default but

    nothing
    > > works. This is driving me crazy. He's running Win ME on a Duron 950. One
    > > thing I noticed tho; I couldnt add a new adapter in network options,

    plus
    > > there's no TCP/IP -> to adapter protocol, just the TCP/IP.... LAN-card

    is a
    > > Realtek 8139 pci. Help!!!
    > >

    > Which windows? Remove all the networking stuff, do a hard reboot.

    I already wrote he uses Win ME (stond er al in =]) what do you mean with a
    hard reboot? and should I physically remove the LAN-card as well?
    Flippor, May 7, 2004
  4. Flippor

    Stickems Guest

    A hard reboot is one which is done after the power to the PC has been turned
    off.

    Stickems, May 7, 2004