    I have a Dell Optiplex GX150. I successfully installed Windows 2000 on it. When i attempted to update windows 2000 to SP4 everything look good the installation finished and it gave me the prompt to reboot. When i selected to reboot the PC only restarted to a "strike F1 to retry, F2 for setup utility" screen. Anybody know what might be the cause of this?

    I have read in other forums that the message might be caused by a bad CMOS battery but if that were the case then why would i be able to successfully install windows 2000 and have it boot up?

    anything helps Thanks.
    Sarkastik, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Sarkastik

    Sarkastik

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    no input on this but I figured out the problem, it wasn't any of the updates, or the cmos battery. The PC was given to me by my company after they upgraded to new systems. Well our Brilliant IT guy disabled the Hard Drive from boot sequence in the Bios so the PC would only boot if i had the Windows 2000 CD in the CD ROM, once i took the CD out it wouldn't boot anymore. So i enabled the Hard Drive and POOF! the PC started right up.
    Sarkastik, Mar 14, 2007