    Anyone got any ideas ??

    Pete

    --
    Pete, May 11, 2004

  2. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:FX3oc.20917$...
    > I have a computer (p4 256ram) which only boots now and again you have to
    > press the reset button two or more times to get it to work !
    >
    > I first thought it might be the Video Card so i changed for a working one.
    > But I still have the same trouble
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas ??
    >
    > Pete

    First thing I'd check is the power supply. After that, it might be a
    "degredation failure" as the result of ESD, meaning the motherboard or some
    component on it will only work *some* of the time.

    When you say it doesn't boot, do you mean it doesn't power up at all? Or
    does it get to the POST and then fail?
    Patrick Michael, May 11, 2004

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    I mean it will post but does not go in VGA mode

    not sure of ESD because been very careful there

    I think it's the board now

    I have removed the EDI cables from both the HDD and the CD rom's

    and still the still result

    checked the ram and that works

    running out of ideas now ! Must be the board

    Please help

    Pete
    Still waiting for college to set up A+ exam

    Pete, May 12, 2004
  4. Pete

    David Hough Guest

    Start swapping things out, Pete. PS,Hard drive, system bd, even kbd.
    You'll find your answer. Dave
    David Hough, May 12, 2004
  5. Pete

    Pete Guest