    Vista Business 64 bit
    Thanks for any help.
    AndyB

    BENAGLIA, Oct 21, 2007

  2. BENAGLIA

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    The power option settings in Control Panel are probably set to put the
    system in standby when you press the power button on the case. Either
    change the setting or hold the button in for a few seconds when you want
    to switch off. Alternately, use the Start button on the lower left of
    your monitor to switch off.

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message
    Morning to you all. Got my Vist x64 system working as I wanted and all
    well until yesterday. All of a sudden on switching off it will restart
    and I haven't been able to figure out why. I have not changed any
    settings and the only way to keep it switched off is to use the main
    power switch of the pc. Anyone has any idea on the problem?
    System is:
    M/board Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
    Vista Business 64 bit
    Thanks for any help.
    AndyB

    Tom Ferguson, Oct 21, 2007

  3. I have a box with a similar problem although it has worked at times - for a
    very short time - but I made a Bios change and now it doesn't regardless of
    OS.

    I've got W2k8 RC0 on it now but it's has WXP X64, WXP X86, W2k3 R2 X64 and
    Cougar Beta and all of them have had the same problem.

    So on Shutdown I watch it go text mode and trip off the rocker switch on the
    back of the power supply.

    If anyone has a fix for this I'd be interested.

    The mobo is an Asus M2NPV-VM with the latest Bios which support Viridian...
    otherwise this puppy rocks!

    TIA.

    Gary

    Gary J. Dikkema, Oct 21, 2007
  4. There is a system error at shutdown and the system is set to automatically
    restart.

    The Event Log will show what the error was and you can set the machine not
    to automatically restart in Advanced System Properties. This will show you a
    blue screen with details of the error instead of restarting the system.

    Dominic Payer, Oct 21, 2007
  5. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    You may not have changed any settings, but odds are you did something, new hardware and drivers, certain programs installed, etc. Think about what you did. You may try using a restore point BEFORE the problem, and if it doesn't fix things, reverse the process.

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007