    Bill Guest

    There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.
    Bill, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Bill

    tony p Guest

    CPU

    tony p, Jul 6, 2006

  3. Bill

    PeeCee Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    > would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.

    A faster computer.
    Dell, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, White box, PC World, the local PC shop, take your
    pick.

    Not taking the micky.
    Its just that the question is similar to asking
    "There are many products on the market to make my car go faster and would
    appreciate suggestions which one should be purchased"

    With such a broad question the only answer is 'go buy a faster one'.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Bill

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Bill.

    In <news:L83rg.1486$> you wrote:

    > There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    > would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.

    Faster CPU, more RAM, SATA HD with cache RAM.

    Apart from cleaning up what's loading and running constantly and
    defragging occasionally (both you can do without 3rd party apps) there's
    little point in a software solution to computer speed.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Jul 6, 2006
  5. Bill

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote:

    >There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    >would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.

    Software products, such as memory optimizers, which promise to
    increase the speed of your computer are best described as pure
    unadulterated crapware. As a general rule they are totally incapable
    of providing any beneficial effect for any computer under any
    circumstances.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Bill

    Jan Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Bill" <> wrote:
    >
    > >There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    > >would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.
    > >

    > Software products, such as memory optimizers, which promise to
    > increase the speed of your computer are best described as pure
    > unadulterated crapware. As a general rule they are totally incapable
    > of providing any beneficial effect for any computer under any
    > circumstances.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Keeping your system clean and updated is the best way to go. My sisters
    computer was running like crap. I added some more ram, got rid of a
    bunch of spyware and defragged and the difference is amazing.
    --

    Cheers!

    Jan
    Jan, Jul 6, 2006
  7. Bill

    Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > There are many products on the market for increasing computer speed and
    > would appreciate suggestions which one I should purchase.

    Have a look at http://www.optimizeguides.com
    , Jul 9, 2006
  8. Bill

    Bill Guest