PC User CD, Dreamweaver install not working

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jonski, May 31, 2004.

  1. Jonski

    Jonski Guest

    I've just tried to install Macromedia Dreamweaver MX2004 from the PC
    User CD magazine that came out in March.

    As InstallShield unpacks it, I get:

    The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are
    attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of
    the file, verify its integrity, and try again.

    Has anybody else had this problem?

    The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but no
    joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks in advance
    Jon

    PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

    Jonski, May 31, 2004

  2. Jonski

    riff Guest

    "Jonski" <!> wrote in message
    > I've just tried to install Macromedia Dreamweaver MX2004 from the PC
    > User CD magazine that came out in March.
    >
    > As InstallShield unpacks it, I get:
    >
    > The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are
    > attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of
    > the file, verify its integrity, and try again.
    >
    > Has anybody else had this problem?
    >
    > The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but no
    > joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jon
    >
    > PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

    I had the problem of not even being able to open the cd on that month issue.
    cheers

    riff, May 31, 2004

  3. Jonski

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "riff" <> wrote in

    >> The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but
    >> no joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.
    >>
    >> Suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Jon
    >>
    >> PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

    > I had the problem of not even being able to open the cd on that month
    > issue. cheers

    Try using ISO Buster to open the CD and copy the files off to the hard
    drive. Run the install from the copied folder.

    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 1, 2004