    application, what will make it work properly - memory, etc?

    Thanks to anyone out there who cares to advise me and I apologize for my
    ignorance!

    barry friedman, Feb 27, 2005

  2. barry friedman

    Robert Baer Guest

    barry friedman wrote:
    > Sorry for being an idiot, but I just bought a Dell Ultrasharp 19" flat panel
    > monitor and haven't bought a new PC yet. I'm intrigued with the idea of
    > using the Dell as a monitor/TV screen, but do I really need a "media
    > center" PC with Windows XP Media, etc. for this or can I just buy a basic PC
    > and add a TV tuner card? Alternatively, should I just forget the whole idea
    > and buy a TV and use a PC as a PC?
    >
    > Does Dell even offer a TV card on their PC's and should I go with a Dell
    > desktop or another brand? I've heard HP is decent. If I go for the TV
    > application, what will make it work properly - memory, etc?
    >
    > Thanks to anyone out there who cares to advise me and I apologize for my
    > ignorance!

    I would get a "white box", and *not* a proprietary hunk of metal like
    Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.
    Costs less and easier to repair and upgrade.
    Oh. Sorry. Forgot you are going to use Win XP.
    In that case, get the *most* proprietary system you can possibly obtain.
    Will not be able to change hard drives, motherboards, or CPUs from
    what i hear.

    Robert Baer, Feb 28, 2005

  3. barry friedman

    donovan Guest

    dont buy a ready-made pc from dell hp or any of those. go to a computer
    store in your area and get your moneys worth!!!!

    donovan, Feb 28, 2005