    suggestions?

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Oct 10, 2003

  2. SharkFOA

    Big Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but because
    >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    >suggestions?

    Only use TV Tool..
    Big , Oct 10, 2003

  3. SharkFOA

    Jay Guest

    SharkFOA wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but
    > because the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC.
    > Any suggestions?

    That is the nature of TV - the resolution is not as good as a PC.
    May sure you are using SVideo connection to get the slightly better
    bandwidth, and make sure you are using quality cables and that the
    cable impedance is 75 ohms.
    Jay, Oct 10, 2003
  4. SharkFOA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    <Big > wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

    because
    > >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    > >suggestions?

    > Only use TV Tool..

    A fat lot of good that will do.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 10, 2003
  5. SharkFOA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

    because
    > the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > SharkFOA

    A large TV might help. At worse you might have to start your PC in safe
    mode to sort out your video settings again. With a good video card, clone
    mode displays to both the monitor and TV. Making sure that the monitor is
    the primary display and not the TV.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 10, 2003
  6. SharkFOA

    RecylerMan Guest

    SharkFOA wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but because
    > the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    > suggestions?
    >

    > --
    > SharkFOA

    my answer it to run the tv and the moneter at teh same time TVcc2000
    lets me do this on a Nvada TNT2 yes it's an old card but works fine for
    what i Use it for also the second comp has a sis6326 card wich IMHO is a
    better card for tv out end of story text can be read on the tv this card
    will do the moneter and tv thing togeather from boot. the svid conector
    helps a lot I am using coax my self

    --
    RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
    Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z
    RecylerMan, Oct 10, 2003
  7. SharkFOA

    Big Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:28:04 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    (remove eye)> wrote:

    ><Big > wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

    >because
    >> >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    >> >suggestions?

    >> Only use TV Tool..

    >A fat lot of good that will do.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    Have you ever used it..?
    Big , Oct 11, 2003
  8. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message

    > <Big > wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi,
    > > >
    > > >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

    > because
    > > >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
    > > >suggestions?

    > > Only use TV Tool..

    > A fat lot of good that will do.

    Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click a
    file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
    greatly on default settings.

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Oct 11, 2003
  9. SharkFOA

    Big Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:28:01 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <Big > wrote in message

    >> because
    >> >
    >> > Only use TV Tool..

    >> A fat lot of good that will do.

    >Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click a
    >file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    >monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
    >greatly on default settings.

    Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..

    Plus has a range of screen res modes..

    Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
    filters here..
    Big , Oct 11, 2003
  10. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    wrote:

    > >> because

    > >> A fat lot of good that will do.

    > >Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right

    click a
    > >file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    > >monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture

    improved
    > >greatly on default settings.

    > Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..

    Lucky that's what I've got. Just a cheapie but I built it with found stuff.

    > Plus has a range of screen res modes..

    Default works fine.

    > Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
    > filters here..

    Ain't touching that one!

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Oct 11, 2003
  11. SharkFOA

    wrote:

    > > because
    > > >
    > > > Only use TV Tool..

    > > A fat lot of good that will do.

    > Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click

    > file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    > monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
    > greatly on default settings.
    >

    > --
    > SharkFOA

    Getting rid of the border is good, but it doesn't make that much difference
    to the quality of general computer text. A TV doesn't beat a good monitor.

    I thought your problem was that you had made the TV your one and only
    primary source of display?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 11, 2003
  12. SharkFOA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    wrote:

    > >> because

    > >> A fat lot of good that will do.

    > >Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right

    click a
    > >file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    > >monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture

    improved
    > >greatly on default settings.

    > Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..
    >
    > Plus has a range of screen res modes..
    >
    > Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
    > filters here..

    This thread was about PC output being stuck on primary TV output with
    nothing showing on the monitor, fuckwit.

    It wasn't about how good TV Tool is, but then reading isn't a strong point
    of yours, Rodger. Setting up shortcut keys to go back and forth to TV
    output is no big deal, any fool that can follow simple instructions can
    manage to do that.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 11, 2003
  13. On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:27:45 +1300, Big scribbled:

    >On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:28:01 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> <Big > wrote in message

    >>> because

    >>> A fat lot of good that will do.

    >>Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click a
    >>file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    >>monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
    >>greatly on default settings.

    >Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..
    >
    >Plus has a range of screen res modes..
    >
    >Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
    >filters here..

    You've mistaken him for yourself. I'm sure you are in alot more kill
    filters than Scroogey.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 11, 2003
  14. SharkFOA

    > > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > <Big > wrote in message

    but
    > > > because

    Any

    > > > A fat lot of good that will do.

    > > Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right

    click
    > > file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
    > > monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture

    improved
    > > greatly on default settings.
    > >

    > > --
    > > SharkFOA

    > Getting rid of the border is good, but it doesn't make that much

    difference
    > to the quality of general computer text. A TV doesn't beat a good

    monitor.

    > I thought your problem was that you had made the TV your one and only
    > primary source of display?

    No. My problem was that even with clone I was having trouble returning
    control to the PC. TV Tool filled the bill exactly.

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Oct 11, 2003
  15. SharkFOA

    Mainlander Guest

    > <Big > wrote in message

    > > Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
    > > filters here..

    Must be woger's latest alias.
    Mainlander, Oct 11, 2003
  16. SharkFOA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    > > > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message

    > but

    > Any

    > > > Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right

    > click
    > > > file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to

    your
    > > > monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture

    > improved
    > > > greatly on default settings.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > SharkFOA

    > > Getting rid of the border is good, but it doesn't make that much

    > difference
    > > to the quality of general computer text. A TV doesn't beat a good

    > monitor.
    > >
    > > I thought your problem was that you had made the TV your one and only
    > > primary source of display?

    > No. My problem was that even with clone I was having trouble returning
    > control to the PC. TV Tool filled the bill exactly.
    >
    > --
    > SharkFOA

    That doesn't sound right - about not being able to select what you want
    while in clone mode. If the TV was your only output then you would have a
    problem sorting it out.
    Your original post never mentioned that you were having the problem of no
    control while displaying to both monitor and TV in clone mode, which would
    be an unusual problem for anyone to have.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 11, 2003
  17. SharkFOA

    > > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    TV
    > > but

    PC.
    > > Any

    > > click

    > your

    > > improved

    > > > Getting rid of the border is good, but it doesn't make that much

    > > difference
    > > > to the quality of general computer text. A TV doesn't beat a good

    > > monitor.
    > > >
    > > > I thought your problem was that you had made the TV your one and only
    > > > primary source of display?

    > > No. My problem was that even with clone I was having trouble returning
    > > control to the PC. TV Tool filled the bill exactly.
    > >
    > > --
    > > SharkFOA

    > That doesn't sound right - about not being able to select what you want
    > while in clone mode. If the TV was your only output then you would have a
    > problem sorting it out.
    > Your original post never mentioned that you were having the problem of no
    > control while displaying to both monitor and TV in clone mode, which would
    > be an unusual problem for anyone to have.

    Look, I'm not getting into an argument about this. I didn't realise that we
    were being marked on our posts. When it was in clone mode, the display was
    too wide for me to see to get out of this. On the TV, I couldn't read the
    text. All I know is that TV Tool did the job and just because you have seem
    to have some sort of hard on with someone else you're trying to prove me
    wrong. I asked for help and got it. Isn't that what this newsgroup is about?

    --
    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Oct 11, 2003
  18. SharkFOA

    Big Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:34:22 +1300, "SharkFOA" <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    >> > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message

    >TV
    >> > but

    >PC.
    >> > Any

    >> > click

    >> your
    >> > improved

    >> > difference
    >> > monitor.

    >> > No. My problem was that even with clone I was having trouble returning
    >> > control to the PC. TV Tool filled the bill exactly.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > SharkFOA

    >> That doesn't sound right - about not being able to select what you want
    >> while in clone mode. If the TV was your only output then you would have a
    >> problem sorting it out.
    >> Your original post never mentioned that you were having the problem of no
    >> control while displaying to both monitor and TV in clone mode, which would
    >> be an unusual problem for anyone to have.

    >Look, I'm not getting into an argument about this. I didn't realise that we
    >were being marked on our posts. When it was in clone mode, the display was
    >too wide for me to see to get out of this. On the TV, I couldn't read the
    >text. All I know is that TV Tool did the job and just because you have seem
    >to have some sort of hard on with someone else you're trying to prove me
    >wrong. I asked for help and got it. Isn't that what this newsgroup is about?

    I told you to put this Twit in your Kill File, this chap is like a Dog with a
    Bone, he never gives up and goes on and on and on..

    Plus he knows F all.
    Big , Oct 11, 2003
  19. SharkFOA

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >
    > Look, I'm not getting into an argument about this. I didn't realise that

    we
    > were being marked on our posts. When it was in clone mode, the display was
    > too wide for me to see to get out of this. On the TV, I couldn't read the
    > text. All I know is that TV Tool did the job and just because you have

    seem
    > to have some sort of hard on with someone else you're trying to prove me
    > wrong. I asked for help and got it. Isn't that what this newsgroup is

    about?

    > --
    > SharkFOA

    You need to calm yourself down. When it comes to output displays from a
    good video card, there's more than one option. Clone mode is what you see
    on the monitor is pretty much what you see on the TV, though the resolution
    on TV output is limited, so in some cases you might have to move the mouse
    round.
    While text isn't great I can still read it on the 29" TV well enough. TVs
    come in all shapes and sizes.
    TV Tool isn't a fix. It's a fine piece of software that does a good job.
    Not being able to get out of clone mode suggests something else.
    It's obvious that your problems are more than just with computer options,
    and being able to communicate in a reasonable and mature manner to what the
    exact nature of the problem really was.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 11, 2003
  20. SharkFOA

    > > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Look, I'm not getting into an argument about this. I didn't realise that

    > we
    > > were being marked on our posts. When it was in clone mode, the display

    was
    > > too wide for me to see to get out of this. On the TV, I couldn't read

    the
    > > text. All I know is that TV Tool did the job and just because you have

    > seem
    > > to have some sort of hard on with someone else you're trying to prove me
    > > wrong. I asked for help and got it. Isn't that what this newsgroup is

    > about?
    > >
    > > --
    > > SharkFOA

    > You need to calm yourself down. When it comes to output displays from a
    > good video card, there's more than one option. Clone mode is what you see
    > on the monitor is pretty much what you see on the TV, though the

    resolution
    > on TV output is limited, so in some cases you might have to move the mouse
    > round.
    > While text isn't great I can still read it on the 29" TV well enough. TVs
    > come in all shapes and sizes.
    > TV Tool isn't a fix. It's a fine piece of software that does a good job.

    It solved my problem.

    > Not being able to get out of clone mode suggests something else.
    > It's obvious that your problems are more than just with computer options,
    > and being able to communicate in a reasonable and mature manner to what

    the
    > exact nature of the problem really was.

    You are a pathetic sod.

    --