    one of these services? Are there better services around?

    Cheers,

    Martin

    Martin Kaufmann, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Martin Kaufmann

    Rider Guest

    "Martin Kaufmann" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi there
    >
    > I'm looking for a web page or application to send AND receive txt messages
    > from my PC mainly to NZ networks and vice versa. In nz.comp I found
    > references to http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp and http://www.smspop.com/
    > but Bigfoot doesn't seem to cover NZ and SMSPOP only covers the Vodafone
    > network (or so they say). Has anyone ever tried one of these services? Are
    > there better services around?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Martin

    You could try www.sms.ac

    I havent tried it, just heard of it. Have no idea whats it like sorry.

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 16, 2004

  3. "Rider" <> wrote in message

    > "Martin Kaufmann" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a web page or application to send AND receive txt
    >> messages from my PC mainly to NZ networks and vice versa. In nz.comp I
    >> found references to http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp and
    >> http://www.smspop.com/ but Bigfoot doesn't seem to cover NZ and SMSPOP
    >> only covers the Vodafone network (or so they say). Has anyone ever tried
    >> one of these services? Are there better services around?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Martin

    > You could try www.sms.ac
    >
    > I havent tried it, just heard of it. Have no idea whats it like sorry.
    >
    > Rider

    Its not free - but Telecom Etxt does the job - messages come back to your
    browser or phone (you choose) - telecom/vodafone to and from - yer :)

    www.etxt.co.nz

    Michael Payne, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Michael Payne wrote:
    >>>I'm looking for a web page or application to send AND receive txt
    >>>messages from my PC mainly to NZ networks and vice versa. In nz.comp I
    >>>found references to http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp and
    >>>http://www.smspop.com/ but Bigfoot doesn't seem to cover NZ and SMSPOP
    >>>only covers the Vodafone network (or so they say). Has anyone ever tried
    >>>one of these services? Are there better services around?

    >>You could try www.sms.ac
    >>I havent tried it, just heard of it. Have no idea whats it like sorry.

    > Its not free - but Telecom Etxt does the job - messages come back to your
    > browser or phone (you choose) - telecom/vodafone to and from - yer :)
    > www.etxt.co.nz

    It's not as cheap, and I believe that Vodafone were blocking them at one
    point(something about spamming) but no idea what happened.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 16, 2004
  5. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>You could try www.sms.ac
    >>>I havent tried it, just heard of it. Have no idea whats it like sorry.

    >> Its not free - but Telecom Etxt does the job - messages come back to your
    >> browser or phone (you choose) - telecom/vodafone to and from - yer :)
    >> www.etxt.co.nz

    > It's not as cheap, and I believe that Vodafone were blocking them at one
    > point(something about spamming) but no idea what happened.

    $99 set up fee and then a $10 per month fee to have it running (plus your
    normal texting costs). Vodafone are receiving them now which is all good.

    Michael Payne, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Michael Payne wrote:
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Michael Payne wrote:
    >>
    >>>Its not free - but Telecom Etxt does the job - messages come back to your
    >>>browser or phone (you choose) - telecom/vodafone to and from - yer :)
    >>>www.etxt.co.nz

    >>It's not as cheap, and I believe that Vodafone were blocking them at one
    >>point(something about spamming) but no idea what happened.

    > $99 set up fee and then a $10 per month fee to have it running (plus your
    > normal texting costs). Vodafone are receiving them now which is all good.

    What?! That's all? ;-) No, thanks, I can do without... How can they
    charge $99 set-up fee for something that doesn't cost them more than 50
    cents?

    Martin

    Martin Kaufmann, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Rider wrote:

    > You could try www.sms.ac
    >
    > I havent tried it, just heard of it. Have no idea whats it like sorry.

    I heard it's rather unreliable. Has anyone ever tried it?

    Btw, I don't mind paying as long as it's not as much as for
    http://www.etxt.co.nz/

    Martin

    Martin Kaufmann, Nov 16, 2004
  8. "Martin Kaufmann" <> wrote in message
    > Michael Payne wrote:
    >> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>It's not as cheap, and I believe that Vodafone were blocking them at one
    >>>point(something about spamming) but no idea what happened.

    >> $99 set up fee and then a $10 per month fee to have it running (plus your
    >> normal texting costs). Vodafone are receiving them now which is all good.

    > What?! That's all? ;-) No, thanks, I can do without... How can they charge
    > $99 set-up fee for something that doesn't cost them more than 50 cents?
    >
    > Martin

    it works though - and yer - but your right - its through telescum and yer -
    $99 for them to just set up a login which took 5 mins on the phone is a bit
    steep!

    Michael Payne, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Martin Kaufmann

    Armpit Guest

    www.clickatell.com

    Armpit, Nov 17, 2004
  10. Martin Kaufmann

    Mutlley Guest

    Martin Kaufmann <> wrote:

    >Hi there
    >
    >I'm looking for a web page or application to send AND receive txt
    >messages from my PC mainly to NZ networks and vice versa. In nz.comp I
    >found references to http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp and
    >http://www.smspop.com/ but Bigfoot doesn't seem to cover NZ and SMSPOP
    >only covers the Vodafone network (or so they say). Has anyone ever tried
    >one of these services? Are there better services around?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Martin

    Bigfoot only covers NZ GSM networks. In fact that's about the only
    technology that it does work on world wide..

    Mutlley, Nov 17, 2004
  11. Martin Kaufmann wrote:
    >> $99 set up fee and then a $10 per month fee to have it running (plus
    >> your normal texting costs). Vodafone are receiving them now which is
    >> all good.

    > What?! That's all? ;-) No, thanks, I can do without... How can they
    > charge $99 set-up fee for something that doesn't cost them more than 50
    > cents?

    well, can you name another provider offering it?
    nope, didn't think so, so they can charge what they like.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 17, 2004
  12. Martin Kaufmann

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:38:41 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
    <> wrote:

    >Michael Payne wrote:
    >> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>It's not as cheap, and I believe that Vodafone were blocking them at one
    >>>point(something about spamming) but no idea what happened.

    >> $99 set up fee and then a $10 per month fee to have it running (plus your
    >> normal texting costs). Vodafone are receiving them now which is all good.

    >What?! That's all? ;-) No, thanks, I can do without... How can they
    >charge $99 set-up fee for something that doesn't cost them more than 50
    >cents?
    >
    >Martin

    If you could get away with it, you would too.

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Nov 17, 2004
  13. Martin Kaufmann

    Toxickiwi Guest

    You can use ICQ.com to send/recv SMS

    Toxickiwi, Nov 17, 2004
  14. Martin Kaufmann

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:46:35 GMT, Toxickiwi <> wrote:

    >You can use ICQ.com to send/recv SMS

    Hasn't worked for me in months. Anyone else successful?

    Invisible, Nov 17, 2004
  15. Martin Kaufmann

    BB Guest

    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:46:35 GMT, Toxickiwi <> wrote:
    >
    > >You can use ICQ.com to send/recv SMS
    > >

    > Hasn't worked for me in months. Anyone else successful?

    No, you're right...it's dead in the water...

    BB
    NZ

    BB, Nov 17, 2004
  16. Martin Kaufmann

    joechan Guest

    was in USA and subscribed to SMSPOP, works well from there and upon my
    return still using it here in NZ as works well here. No joining fee,
    pay for 80 messages in US$ credit card. Cheap and easy to use,topping
    up easy. My account (gave my password to friends) is being used in UK
    and Australia as trying to finish off the 80 messages paid. Messages can
    be sent and received on computer as well as phone, also saved in computer.

    Initial set up problems due to my ignorance but recieved immediate help
    from their online office. You can try SMSPOP for free as they will let
    you have half dozen free messages as trial. You won't be disappointed
    as you can SMS all over the world.

    Hope this helps, good for travellers.

    joechan, Nov 23, 2004