    Is there any way I can transfer files from my main PC (Win XP) on to this
    old laptop using the serial or parallel ports?

    TIA

    Homer, May 11, 2005

  2. Homer

    Kenty Guest

    "Homer" <> wrote in message
    news:428255d3$0$556$...
    > Hi,
    > I have an old laptop running Win98. It has no CD drive, floppy is broken,
    > no USB port, only serial and parallel ports.
    > Is there any way I can transfer files from my main PC (Win XP) on to this
    > old laptop using the serial or parallel ports?
    >
    > TIA

    laplink will do it

    http://www.laplink.com/products/pcmover/overview.asp

    Kenty, May 11, 2005

  3. Homer

    Spajky Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:00:07 +0100, "Homer" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an old laptop running Win98. It has no CD drive, floppy is broken, no
    >USB port, only serial and parallel ports.
    >Is there any way I can transfer files from my main PC (Win XP) on to this
    >old laptop using the serial or parallel ports?

    pc2pc LPT data cable ("laplink type") + Windows Commander 5.5 or above
    on both PCs /menu NET -PORT conn 2 other PC/ one configured as a
    server, other as client ... or installing in win setup Direct Cable
    connection on both PCs ...
    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com