    telephones. But I have never succeeded in making pc-to-pc calls.
    Can anybody suggest me how to solve this strange thing, or at least how to
    go in the right direction to solve it?
    Mark Smith, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Mark Smith

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Mark Smith <> wrote in
    news::

    > In the case of babble it is pretty strange, as I am able to make phone
    > call through it (using X-lite or Kphone, DSL or even an analog modem)
    > to normal telephones. But I have never succeeded in making pc-to-pc
    > calls. Can anybody suggest me how to solve this strange thing, or at
    > least how to go in the right direction to solve it?

    Do you or the receiving party have a router (i.e. Linksys router?). If so,
    you'll need to open some ports up to allow for incoming connections.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Mar 14, 2005

  3. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote:

    > Do you or the receiving party have a router (i.e. Linksys router?). If so,
    > you'll need to open some ports up to allow for incoming connections.

    99% sure not (100% sure on my side of the connection)
    Mark Smith, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Mark Smith

    JDBalogh Guest

    Start with a simple test using an ethernet without the Internet.
    cross-over cable, or a small hub/switch will do. Ignore SI
    registration, and just call to the phone number at the other I
    address (on your same subnet)

    For example
    - First PC running softphone at extension 100 on IP 192.168.1.10
    - Second PC running softphone at extension 101 on IP 192.168.1.10
    - First PC calls sip:101@192.168.1.10
    - Second PC should "ring"; then you answer, talk, hang-u
    - Second PC calls sip:100@192.168.1.10
    - First PC should "ring"; then you answer, talk, hang-u

    Once you get the above running, then try fancy stuff like routin
    across the internet. At least then you will know you have a bas
    level of function (and how good or bad your audio sounds :)

    HTH

    JD
    JDBalogh, Mar 22, 2005