PC Techs

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Pops, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Pops

    Pops Guest

    I am the lead PC Technician for a large multi hospital network of about 1000
    pc's with 3 locations plus 45 Doctors offices. We recently went through a
    reduction in force and lost a couple of PC Techs. We are struggling to keep
    up with the work load now.

    My superiors are talking about adding another PC Tech but they are having a
    hard time convincing administration. Right now we have 3 PC Technicians.

    Several months ago I saw a post on this newsgroup that said 4 PC Technicians
    is sort of an industry standard for a network with about 1000 pc's.

    I would appreciate it if some of you Network Administrator types and PC
    Technicians would weigh in here and let me know what you think about our
    staffing. I would also like to know how your organization is staffed.

    Thanks

    Pops
    A+
    Network+
    Pops, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Pops

    youngstr11 Guest

    This all depends on what you are doing in house,Example I used to work at a
    VAMC and they had a full time xerox person that was not on there staff,
    There were many less printer problems for the techs to deal with so they did
    not have as much of a workload. I now work for a trucking company and we
    have 24 remote locations and aprox 1000 users but we do everything from
    running linux to design and administration of lotus notes databases, we have
    2 network administrators, 1 citrix admin, 2 pc admin and I help out when I
    am not working with our 750 mobile devices and there communications cradles

    youngstr11, Oct 8, 2003