    testing all parts of a XP PC system and reporting any failings.
    TIA
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jun 21, 2006

  2. KiwiBrian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > Can anyone please recommend from personal experience a good program
    > for testing all parts of a XP PC system and reporting any failings.
    > TIA
    > Brian Tozer

    Prime95 is excellent for testing CPU/mobo/RAM. I wouldn't run a machine that
    doesn't run Prime for 12 hours straight.

    I believe SiSoft's Sandra program has stress-test modules for HDD. Well,
    they're benchmarking modules but they come with a "this test may damage your
    hardware" warning meaning that if it's on it's way out, the test will hasten
    it.

    HTH,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 21, 2006

  3. KiwiBrian

    XPD Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please recommend from personal experience a good program for
    > testing all parts of a XP PC system and reporting any failings.
    > TIA
    > Brian Tozer

    http://www.passmark.com/

    Burnin Test
    XPD, Jun 21, 2006
  4. KiwiBrian

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in news:e7agr8$qap$1
    @lust.ihug.co.nz:

    > Can anyone please recommend from personal experience a good program for
    > testing all parts of a XP PC system and reporting any failings.

    Free, just use overclockix. Quake3 arena timedemo is pretty hard on
    machines.
    http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=overclockix
    --
    Ciao, Dave