    only way is push RESET button....

    What do I look for next ???

    Graphics Card ????

    advid, Mar 27, 2005

  2. advid

    Mistoffolees Guest

    advid wrote:
    > I've done diagnostics testing both on RAM and Hdisk and got 100% error
    > free...
    >
    > Why is my PC still freezing up intermittently ???
    >
    > I get Total screen freeze / no mouse / No CRTL/ALT/DEL
    >
    > only way is push RESET button....
    >
    > What do I look for next ???
    >
    > Graphics Card ????

    Sure, check all of the hardware connections, both external
    and internal. Also, how about providing some more details,
    such as the make/speed of CPU, type/amount of installed RAM,
    HD's, etc., and what was the computer doing when it freezes?
    Intermittent problems are the worst to track down but any
    particular program running, esp. in background? What are the
    results of an anti-virus, anti-trojan and anti-adaware scans?

    Mistoffolees, Mar 27, 2005

  3. advid

    Advid Guest

    ....another thing that I've just noticed - when playing back a DVD on the PC
    the sound and graphics are 'jittery' not smooth - not too noticeable but
    music on the DVD definitely shows up the lack of smoothness and flow (buffer
    problem somewhere ?)

    Its an AMD 2.2 with 512 RAM - absolutely clean no virus/trojans - HD- 80G
    with external 120G via USB2

    Advid, Mar 28, 2005