    to try it on my internet connection - still nothing. Any ideas what's
    wrong??

    Cory
    Cory Lechner, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Cory Lechner

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Cory Lechner" <> wrote in
    news::

    > select automatic discovery of proxy server (recommended)". It still
    > didn't work. Now what? Re-install ethernet driver? I even took the
    > machine home to try it on my internet connection - still nothing. Any
    > ideas what's wrong??

    Does the machine pull an IP address?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Cory Lechner

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:19:24 -0600, "Cory Lechner"
    <> wrote:

    >My brother's PC all of a sudden stopped connecting to the internet. It has
    >a separate PCI ethernet card (green light on card lights up when I install
    >the patch cable from DSL modem). I can't get any action with "ping" (just
    >says unknown host)... I re-set the connection, by going into "internet
    >properties", then selecting "connections" tab. Then click on "settings". I
    >got her to set up her connection manually, then selected "connect through a
    >LAN", then
    >select automatic discovery of proxy server (recommended)". It still didn't
    >work. Now what? Re-install ethernet driver? I even took the machine home
    >to try it on my internet connection - still nothing. Any ideas what's
    >wrong??
    >
    >Cory

    What OS?

    Any firewall software installed?

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Hey guys! I had the same problem with losing the internet. It was verizons
    DSL...the whole damn region went down. If you call tech support for your
    provider, they can walk you through it and they will see if you can pull an ip
    address
    GT Grand Prix 00, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Hey guys! I had the same problem with losing the internet. It was verizons
    GT Grand Prix 00, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Cory Lechner

    Night_Seer Guest

    GT Grand Prix 00 wrote:
    > Hey guys! I had the same problem with losing the internet. It was
    > verizons DSL...the whole damn region went down. If you call tech
    > support for your provider, they can walk you through it and they will
    > see if you can pull an ip address

    Check this out...

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13454

    A whole country down...yikes. They said it affected other areas as
    well. I wonder which plug we need to pull to take it all down ;P

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 7, 2004