    anybody has a clue or thinks they know what it could be.

    please help

    thanks jordan

    Jordan Lee, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Jordan Lee

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:39:57 GMT, "Jordan Lee"
    <> wrote:

    >After about an hour or so my pc will start to really loudly beep on and off.
    >just like a police siren.
    >
    >no prompt or msg appears on the screen it just keeps making this noise.
    >
    >i think it maybe something to do with over heating but i could be wrong, if
    >anybody has a clue or thinks they know what it could be.
    >
    >please help

    Typically yes, that's the overheating alarm. But considering you
    provided no information on your system (manufacturer, operating
    system, BIOS/ MB information), we're only guessing.

    Evan Platt, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Jordan Lee

    Buffalo Guest

    "Jordan Lee" <> wrote in message
    > After about an hour or so my pc will start to really loudly beep on and off.
    > just like a police siren.
    >
    > no prompt or msg appears on the screen it just keeps making this noise.
    >
    > i think it maybe something to do with over heating but i could be wrong, if
    > anybody has a clue or thinks they know what it could be.
    >
    > please help
    >
    > thanks jordan

    Most likely overheating. See if you can clean it up. Shutdown and leave the
    power off while you do it.
    For more info on how to do this properly, do a Google search.
    You could also download and install a free temp monitoring program such as MBM
    (MotherBoardMonitor) and watch the temps.
    Either way, I sure would shut down soon after the noise starts until you get it
    figured out.
    For more info, you need to post more info such as make,model,etc.

    Buffalo, Aug 16, 2005
  4. Jordan Lee

    Buffalo Guest

    > "Jordan Lee" <> wrote in message
    > > After about an hour or so my pc will start to really loudly beep on and off.
    > > just like a police siren.
    > >
    > > no prompt or msg appears on the screen it just keeps making this noise.
    > >
    > > i think it maybe something to do with over heating but i could be wrong, if
    > > anybody has a clue or thinks they know what it could be.
    > >
    > > please help
    > >
    > > thanks jordan

    > Most likely overheating. See if you can clean it up. Shutdown and leave the
    > power off while you do it.
    > For more info on how to do this properly, do a Google search.
    > You could also download and install a free temp monitoring program such as MBM
    > (MotherBoardMonitor) and watch the temps.
    > Either way, I sure would shut down soon after the noise starts until you get

    it
    > figured out.
    > For more info, you need to post more info such as make,model,etc.

    One hit on Google, using "pc dust cleanup" was:
    http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/pcs/soa/DIY_Clean_up_your_grungy_PC/0,39029439,40055521,00.htm

    Buffalo, Aug 16, 2005