    shorting out but, I can't find any other solution. If someone can
    help Id appriciate it.

    , Mar 21, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 21 Mar 2007 11:42:43 -0700, wrote:

    >I have just put my old computer into a new case and now I can't get it
    >to work. Everything is in place but, when I boot up the computer it
    >shuts off 3 seconds into boot up and just has a green light flashing.
    >Im really stumped right now. I know its not the MB touching metal and
    >shorting out but, I can't find any other solution. If someone can
    >help Id appriciate it.

    Where is this green light flashing?

    Front? Back? Side?

    Have you tried a different power supply?

    Try removing first everything but the cpu and RAM (no video card,
    etc). Does it POST?

    Then try adding JUST the video card (with the RAM). Does it POST?

    Evan Platt, Mar 21, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > I have just put my old computer into a new case and now I can't get it
    > to work. Everything is in place but, when I boot up the computer it
    > shuts off 3 seconds into boot up and just has a green light flashing.
    > Im really stumped right now. I know its not the MB touching metal and
    > shorting out but, I can't find any other solution. If someone can
    > help Id appriciate it.

    Almost all motherboards are made to shut off in roughly 4 seconds if the
    On/Off switch is held in. I'd be checking the switch for anything that
    could be causing this. You can achieve the same result by shorting the
    pins that the On switch connects to.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Mar 21, 3:58 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On 21 Mar 2007 11:42:43 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >I have just put my old computer into a new case and now I can't get it
    > >to work. Everything is in place but, when I boot up the computer it
    > >shuts off 3 seconds into boot up and just has a green light flashing.
    > >Im really stumped right now. I know its not the MB touching metal and
    > >shorting out but, I can't find any other solution. If someone can
    > >help Id appriciate it.

    > Where is this green light flashing?
    >
    > Front? Back? Side?
    >
    > Have you tried a different power supply?
    >
    > Try removing first everything but the cpu and RAM (no video card,
    > etc). Does it POST?
    >
    > Then try adding JUST the video card (with the RAM). Does it POST?

    It is flashing on the front side, I haven't tried a diffrent power
    supply yet I am going to do that now. When I remove just the video
    card it still shuts off..

    , Mar 22, 2007
  5. Guest

  6. sdlomi2 Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> I have just put my old computer into a new case and now I can't get it
    >> to work. Everything is in place but, when I boot up the computer it
    >> shuts off 3 seconds into boot up and just has a green light flashing.
    >> Im really stumped right now. I know its not the MB touching metal and
    >> shorting out but, I can't find any other solution. If someone can
    >> help Id appriciate it.

    > Almost all motherboards are made to shut off in roughly 4 seconds if the
    > On/Off switch is held in. I'd be checking the switch for anything that
    > could be causing this. You can achieve the same result by shorting the
    > pins that the On switch connects to.

    After trying Roger's logical suggestion, you might verify that the
    cpu-fan is connected to the correct cpu-fan header on the mobo--if on wrong
    fan-header, system sees NO cpu-fan & will shut system off. s

    sdlomi2, Mar 23, 2007