    any ideas?

    love & hugs,
    angie xxx
    nuttytart in cyberspace, Dec 10, 2005

  2. nuttytart in cyberspace

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "nuttytart in cyberspace" <> wrote in message
    > hi again,
    >
    > a couple of weeks ago i reported a dead pc.
    >
    > turns out it was the motherboard.
    >
    > so we've put a new one in and it now starts.
    >
    > it goes through the screen that recognises the drives and checks the
    > memory.
    > when it gets to the countdown screen it just hangs at zero.
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > love & hugs,
    > angie xxx

    With the new MOBO, did you make the necessary settings in the BIOS
    setup?(i.e., optimized).
    Mark Mandell, Dec 10, 2005

  3. nuttytart in cyberspace

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Dec 10, 2005
  4. nuttytart in cyberspace

    Reggy Guest

    nuttytart in cyberspace wrote:
    > hi again,
    >
    > a couple of weeks ago i reported a dead pc.
    >
    > turns out it was the motherboard.
    >
    > so we've put a new one in and it now starts.
    >
    > it goes through the screen that recognises the drives and checks the memory.
    > when it gets to the countdown screen it just hangs at zero.
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > love & hugs,
    > angie xxx

    reset the bios to optimise , if still faulty check the memory one stick
    at a time in another machine . ( and only one stick in the machine)
    Reggy, Dec 11, 2005