    it, incase there was a virus causing problem?

    Running windows 98 2nd edition. Athlon 1 gig.

    Thanks.
    John Davis, Nov 18, 2003

  2. John Davis

    Miggsee Guest

    Overheating?

    "John Davis" <> wrote in message
    news:somub.219$...
    > Can any one help me with the following problem.
    >
    > My pc keeps shutting down, then restarting on its own. Thought it might be
    > the power supply, but tried it in another machine, but works fine. Done

    the

    Miggsee, Nov 18, 2003

  3. John Davis

    Harrison Guest

    Check for overheating problems.

    Harrison, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Athlon CPUs are prone to overheating under some conditions - it may also be
    failing. Try swapping the cpu chip and fan with one from another machine.

    Croos Bustamunky, Nov 18, 2003
  5. John Davis

    Ed Peluffo Guest

    Check the power supply's fan to make sure is not out

    Ed Peluffo, Nov 18, 2003
  6. John Davis

    andre Guest

    I would suspect a faulty mobo