PC Screen FREEZE UP.....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Advid, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Advid

    Advid Guest

    ....my PC/screen still freezes up intermittently.. i've checked RAM / hard
    disk test / upgraded graphics driver....

    It seems freeze whenver lots of fast graphics / disk accessing (thumbnail
    building etc) are going on...

    I've also re-set Virtual Memory to DEFAULT (let Windows manage it) Winx XP
    home -with SP2...

    Could it be a bad graphics card (NVidea Gforce 2 with 64meg) ?

    OR

    would increasing RAM (now 512meg) to 2gig help with this....

    Screen Freeze is total - CTRL/ALT/DEL will not work - only RESET button to
    boot up will do it ....

    Advid, Apr 4, 2005