    What has gone wrong? I run Avira 9 and hope protection against
    viruses.

    Any suggestions what I do to speed up the system.
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Jan 5, 2010

  2. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Tony Guest

    Chuck here's your chance, ok here goes... overclock the cpu.
    I'm Chuckcar aka Chuck Carlson and you don't have to be a FROG to take my
    advice.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 5, 2010

  3. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:29:01 -0800, n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:

    > I bough my pc that is loaded with Vista Home Premium about one and half
    > year ago. It was running quite fast. Start up and shut down was quite
    > fast and any application that I clicked started quite soon. Now
    > everything takes considerable time.
    >
    > What has gone wrong? I run Avira 9 and hope protection against viruses.
    >
    > Any suggestions what I do to speed up the system.

    Format the hard drive.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 5, 2010
  4. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    chuckcar Guest

    n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote in

    > I bough my pc that is loaded with Vista Home Premium about one and
    > half year ago. It was running quite fast. Start up and shut down was
    > quite fast and any application that I clicked started quite soon. Now
    > everything takes considerable time.
    >
    > What has gone wrong? I run Avira 9 and hope protection against
    > viruses.

    Yes, but have you actually run a full AV scan on *all* files on your
    computer just after you've updated the AV information files?

    > Any suggestions what I do to speed up the system.

    Well that all depends if you have installed any software in that time or
    not. If so what?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 5, 2010
  5. On Jan 5, 2:53 pm, Dan C <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:29:01 -0800, n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
    >
    > > I bough my pc that is loaded with Vista Home Premium about one and half
    > > year ago. It was running quite fast. Start up and shut down was quite
    > > fast and any application that I clicked started quite soon. Now
    > > everything takes considerable time.

    > > What has gone wrong? I run Avira 9 and hope protection against viruses.

    > > Any suggestions what I do to speed up the system.

    > Format the hard drive.

    I did go by your advice and formatted the hard drive.

    The pc came with a Roxio - DVD Burning & CD Burning Software (limited
    edition). I am told there are quite a few freeware that are more
    powerful than Roxio - DVD Burning & CD Burning Software. What do you
    recommend?

    Thanx/NSP
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Jan 5, 2010
  6. On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:50:42 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e
    <> wrote:

    >The pc came with a Roxio - DVD Burning & CD Burning Software (limited
    >edition). I am told there are quite a few freeware that are more
    >powerful than Roxio - DVD Burning & CD Burning Software. What do you
    >recommend?
    >
    >Thanx/NSP

    CDBurnerXP is all I've ever needed for CD/DVD burning on Windows:

    http://cdburnerxp.se/

    It doesn't do DVD authoring, though. Not sure if the Roxio software
    had that capability, or if it's even a requirement of yours.

    --
    Alec
    I am pro skub.
    Alec Lourmier, Jan 5, 2010