    caroline Guest

    I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.
    What checks can I do
    caroline, Nov 7, 2006

  2. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:20:24 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.

    Huh? not slow but slow slow?

    >What checks can I do

    Just one web site? Every website?

    Contact NTL.
    Evan Platt, Nov 7, 2006

  3. caroline

    John Holmes Guest

    caroline "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What checks can I do

    Pay your bills.

    --
    You inadequate stack of filthy coyote snot.
    John Holmes, Nov 7, 2006
  4. caroline

    Daave Guest

    caroline wrote:
    > I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.
    > What checks can I do

    First thing: be more clear.

    What is slow? Your PC? Or your Internet connection?
    Daave, Nov 8, 2006
  5. caroline wrote:
    > I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.
    > What checks can I do

    NTL connectivity has been absolutely atrocious of late, I have the 10MB
    service, but recently it feels like I'm on dial-up.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 8, 2006
  6. caroline

    ProfGene Guest

    caroline wrote:
    > I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.
    > What checks can I do

    Run an anti-spyware program. Run msconfig and get rid of anything in the
    startup menu that you don't really need as the delay caused by
    initializing too many programs can really slow down the boot. There are
    also programs that monitor activity on the computer and show
    applicationsthat have things running in the background, sometimes
    continuously sending things to their website like Realplayer. Clean out
    our temporary internet files and most cookies except ones you really
    want or need. If you are using IE switch to Firefox as it is more secure
    and better at blocking popups. Run scandisk, and defrag often at least
    once a week and run diskcheck. Also run a anti-virus program and if you
    don't have one there are free ones Online like Avast.
    ProfGene, Nov 10, 2006
  7. caroline

    doobydoobydo Guest

    "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    > caroline wrote:
    >> I have NTL 4 meg broadband which is running not slow but slow slow.
    >> What checks can I do

    If you have updated to Ie 7 roll back to Ie6.
    doobydoobydo, Nov 10, 2006