    which I have no CDs.

    Thanks,
    tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue, Apr 25, 2005

  2. tRuthvalue

    old john Guest

    if your upgrade sort of, kind of, perhaps maybe, means a bigger better hard
    drive, why not just ghost the whole drive onto the new one ?. (im smiling
    really `cos you were a bit frugal with details). best wishes..J

    old john, Apr 25, 2005

  3. tRuthvalue

    trout Guest

    tRuthvalue wrote:

    > I'm planning to upgrade my Windows based PC. I have a lot of software
    > installed which I would be hard-pressed to re-install on my new
    > computer. The description of "PC Relocator" from eisenworld.com
    > sounds like this program would be the answer to the dreams of an
    > upgrader. Does anyone here have experience with it? I would be
    > buying the "Elite" version. I'm particularly interested in how it
    > will handle my huge email database in Outlook Express, and several
    > programs that were installed via download for which I have no CDs.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > tRuthvalue

    I don't know anything about that particular program; but if you have
    a "huge email database in Outlook Express" that's important to you, you
    should *already* be familiar with procedures to back-up, export, and
    import.
    You may want to look around this informative site:
    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/
    --
    With OE; the doomsday clock is *always* ticking.

    trout, Apr 26, 2005
  4. tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue Guest

    Trout,

    I hear what you're saying!

    Old John,

    I tried to simplify my post. I'm running 2 PCs side by side, a 166mz email
    and surfing machine, and a 450mhz machine for number crunching simulations
    and high bandwidth internet access. My plan is to first move everything
    from the 166 to the 450, move the simulation stuff to a new 3.0ghz machine,
    and give away the 166! That's why I'm considering the "Elite" version of PC
    Relocator; it allows selective transfers. What I want to know is if I'm
    opening Pandora's box, or a can of worms, or is this program as slick and
    solid as the seller says it is?

    Thanks for any input,
    --tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue, Apr 26, 2005