    But I can't make heads or tails of what this means, and a search on
    the web didn't find anything.
    Any ideas what this might mean?
    alice, Nov 4, 2007

  2. alice

    Guest

    alice <> wrote:

    >I have XP PC that has been randomly rebooting. I can't find anything
    >related to it in the event logs, but windows does pop up the 'windows
    >has recovered from a critical error' window, and under technical info
    >it gives this-
    >BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F055C5AB BCP3 :
    >EFB5EA20
    >BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
    >But I can't make heads or tails of what this means, and a search on
    >the web didn't find anything.
    >Any ideas what this might mean?

    No.
    Start | Run <type in>
    drwtsn32
    <enter>

    Double click on the top application error, find the program (.exe) or
    ..DLL that's causing the problem, and google that.

    If all you get is what you posted above set the crash dump to full and
    wait for it.

    you can also disable the auto rebooting.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/disautorestart.htm
    --

    Caught on Tape: 100 Teens Rob Convenience Store
    http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=7587

  3. alice

    02befree Guest

    "alice" <> wrote in message
    > I have XP PC that has been randomly rebooting. I can't find anything
    > related to it in the event logs, but windows does pop up the 'windows
    > has recovered from a critical error' window, and under technical info
    > it gives this-
    > BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F055C5AB BCP3 :
    > EFB5EA20
    > BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
    > But I can't make heads or tails of what this means, and a search on
    > the web didn't find anything.
    > Any ideas what this might mean?

    Almost every time this happens to me, it turns out to be a bad power supply
    that is fluctuating or blipping, or it's bad RAM. If it's a Dell Desktop,
    you've got a good chance of it being the power supply, which is easily
    replaced. Don't go cheap, but for under $50 you could easily get a
    replacement. There are memory test applications out there, maybe MemTest or
    something like that. Bad or ill seated video cards are also a common
    problem.
    hth's and good luck.
    02befree, Nov 6, 2007