  1. gazza

    gazza Guest

    why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    gazza, Jan 2, 2004

  2. gazza

    ICee Guest

    gazza wrote:
    > why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    Gremlins?

    ICee, Jan 2, 2004

  3. gazza

    John Holmes Guest

    gazza came up with this:

    > why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    It's getting bored by doing nothing. So, just for fun (and to annoy you) it
    reboots. Face it, it's normal computer behaviour.

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Jan 2, 2004
  4. gazza

    Paul - xxx Guest

    gazza posted ...

    > why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    It's pissed ...

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Mr.SlippyFist, Jan 2, 2004
  6. > why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    Spite?

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 2, 2004
  7. gazza

    Ron Martell Guest

    "gazza" <> wrote:

    >why does my pc reboot wen we ar not at home

    Is it bored? Or perhaps lonely?

    If you are running Windows XP then open Control Panel - System -
    Advanced and click on the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery
    (bottom) section.

    In the Startup and Recovery Window click on the checkbox for
    "automatically restart" to clear it. That should stop the rebooting
    but it may be replaced by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error message.

    If so then the contents of the STOP message will be a direct clue as
    to the underlying cause of the problem.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jan 2, 2004
  8. gazza

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Jan 2, 2004
  9. gazza

    Guest Guest

    how do you know its doing it if you are not there?
    hmnn..

    Guest, Jan 3, 2004
  10. gazza

    bjork

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Wrong question....

    Even more interesting..."how does your computer know that you are not at home?

    Or maybe: what other mischief is it doing that you haven't discovered yet?"

    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
    bjork, Feb 27, 2008