    What can I do?

    Thanks,
    - Daniel

    Daniel, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Daniel

    DC Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hey,

    > Ive been having this problem for ages!

    > My PC just randomly freezes and once its turned off, its almost impossible
    > getting it to turn back on.
    > Ive tried everything, scanned for viruses, upgraded ram (from 128mb to
    > 640mb), removed the video capture card, changed hard disk, formatted several
    > times...
    > and it STILL happens.

    > Sometimes it wont happen, but then it comes back with a vengeance.

    > What can I do?

    Never *ever* marry, Daniel.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
    -- Neil Peart

    DC, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Daniel

    RobD. Guest

    What operating system are you using? If it's not ME, I would say you're
    having a heat issue. Make sure all your fans are spinning smoothly as the
    computer runs, especially the one on top of your heatsink which is on top of
    your processor. Replace any broken fans immediately to stop further damage.
    Depending on how long this freezing has been going on, there could be
    permanent damage to the CPU. If this doesn't solve your problem, please post
    back or e-mail me.

    --
    --The Computer Doctors
    Serving Southern New England

    RobD., Nov 20, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Im running Windows XP.
    The fan on the heatsink is very loud and sometimes sounds like a lawnmower,
    so I guess thats the thing that needs replacing!

    Thanks, it'll be done as soon as possible.

    Daniel, Nov 20, 2004