    The only thing that I can think of is that my PSU isnt up to the job?
    Should I go through expense of new PSU or is there anything else that
    could cause this?
    Skweeky100, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Skweeky100

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Skweeky100 posted ...

    > Currently using winXP with a new build PC.
    > At random times when either of my CD drives are accessed my PC reboots
    > No BSOD just a full reboot. Any suggestions what could cause this?
    > Happens no matter which drive i put the CD in. Totally random times
    > with no explanation. Also occurs when trying to burn a CD although
    > the problem rarely happens if I burn at a slow speed.
    > The only thing that I can think of is that my PSU isnt up to the job?
    > Should I go through expense of new PSU or is there anything else that
    > could cause this?

    I would think it's more likely the IDE Controllers and BIOS settings ...

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Skweeky100

    David Wood Guest

    First thing I would do is right click My
    Computer-Properties-Advanced-Startup and Recovery
    -remove the tick from automatically restart

    At least now you should see the blue screen/message why it crashed

    David Wood, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Skweeky100

    °Mike° Guest

    Try toggling the DMA settings for your CD drive/s.

    On 1 Jan 2004 08:37:28 -0800, in
    <>
    Skweeky100 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Skweeky100

    Skweeky100 Guest

    "David Wood" <> wrote in message news:<bt1kgb$hnd$>...
    > First thing I would do is right click My
    > Computer-Properties-Advanced-Startup and Recovery
    > -remove the tick from automatically restart
    >
    > At least now you should see the blue screen/message why it crashed

    Thats the strange thing. I don't get BSOD. Just reboots. Have had a
    look at the event viewer and it looks as though it has been user
    initiated shutdown/restart

    Skweeky100, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Skweeky100

    Skweeky100 Guest

    Right tried toggling DMA settings and exactly the same thing happens.
    Completely random PC reboots when either CD drive is accessed. Can't
    put my finger on it at all. Happens at completely random times

    Skweeky100, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Skweeky100

    °Mike° Guest

    Set the CD drive types to AUTO, or NONE in the BIOS.
    Check that there are no IRQ conflicts in Device Manager.

    On 2 Jan 2004 09:49:30 -0800, in
    <>
    Skweeky100 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Skweeky100

    Skweeky100 Guest

    Thanks for all the suggestions on this matter.
    There do appear to be some devices on same IRQ but I'm not too sure
    what this means. Have a USB device on same IRQ but same problem
    occurs when this is disabled. Think I might have found a solution. I
    updated the firmware for my CD-RW drive and encountered no problems
    last night. Was very late so couldn't check it out fully. Will let
    you know how I get on this evening. Fingers crossed this has worked.

    Skweeky100, Jan 3, 2004
  9. Skweeky100

    °Mike° Guest

    Shared IRQs are not usually a problem, only conflicting
    resources.

    Good luck.

    On 3 Jan 2004 05:37:07 -0800, in
    <>
    Skweeky100 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  10. Skweeky100

    mcottone

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    re: player reboots pc

    Not sure if you resolved this issue yet. But try replacing your power supply.

    I had a customer with the same problem and when I replaced the power supply it fixed the issue. Let me know if this works.
    mcottone, Sep 25, 2008