    happen? & how to avoid this problem? Pls help.

    Thanks
    Sunny

    Sunny, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Sunny

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in
    news:bug3ic$:

    > The minute my leg touches the plugs connected from the computer to the
    > extension socket, the computer restarts itself. This is quite
    > frustrating cos sometimes u r in the middle of sth, & u lose all your
    > work. Why does it happen? & how to avoid this problem? Pls help.

    The power cord? Have you checked that the cord is securely attached to
    both the PC and the wall outlet?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Sunny

    Thor Guest

    Probably a faulty cord, or loose power supply socket. It sounds as though
    when you do this it is momentarily interruptiing the power feed to the
    computer, and causing it to power down and back up suddenly. I'd try a new
    power cord and make sure it fits tightly in the sockets on both ends.

    Thor, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Check all the plugs, extension and wall socket are properly wired and pushed
    fully home. Buy a new extension socket.

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 19, 2004