    Any advice would be welcome!

    Thanks
    Sean
    fatboybrando, Sep 8, 2005

  2. fatboybrando

    irwell Guest

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:05:48 +0100, "fatboybrando"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good website
    >that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >
    >I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    >completely different print out!
    >
    >Any advice would be welcome!
    >
    >Thanks
    >Sean

    nn
    irwell, Sep 8, 2005

  3. fatboybrando

    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good website
    >that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >
    >I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    >completely different print out!
    >
    >Any advice would be welcome!
    >
    >Thanks
    >Sean

    nn
    irwell, Sep 8, 2005
  4. fatboybrando

    fatboybrando Guest

    "fatboybrando" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good
    > website that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >
    > I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    > completely different print out!
    >
    > Any advice would be welcome!
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sean

    Forgot to say I'm producing prints on an epson r300.
    fatboybrando, Sep 8, 2005
  5. fatboybrando

    Jim Guest

    > "fatboybrando" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi folks
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good
    >> website that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >>
    >> I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    >> completely different print out!
    >>
    >> Any advice would be welcome!
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Sean
    >>

    > Forgot to say I'm producing prints on an epson r300.

    Most people have this problem, and it has been discussed here lots and lots
    of times. To get better matching, you need a color profile for your monitor
    and a color profile for your printer. As you have found, the profiles that
    come with the equipment may or may not match your equipment. Monaco and
    Colorvision both produce the equipment and software that is needed for this
    task. The equipment and software are not alas inexpensive.

    Next you need to settle on a working profile. Both of the previous ones are
    known as output profiles and usually are not suitable for working profile
    use. My working profile is Adobe RGB.

    When you are ready to print, for PS, you select the appropriate print
    profile, disable color management in the printer driver, and set the data to
    the printer.

    As for websites ... Ian Lyon's is the one to use.
    (www.digital-darkroom.com) (at least that is what I remember). Bruce Fraser
    has written a very good book..
    Jim
    Jim, Sep 8, 2005
  6. fatboybrando

    Stacey Guest

    fatboybrando wrote:

    > Hi folks
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good
    > website that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >
    > I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    > completely different print out!
    >
    > Any advice would be welcome!

    Read "color confidence" by Tim Gray. Less than $10 used at amazon and is a
    excellent book on the subject of color management, explains human color
    perception etc. I looked at some web sites and none I saw were close to
    what this book provides as far as easy to read/understand explainations.
    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Sep 9, 2005
  7. fatboybrando

    > Hi folks
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good
    > website that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >
    > I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    > completely different print out!
    >
    > Any advice would be welcome!
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sean

    Thanks for the advice gents.
    fatboybrando, Sep 9, 2005
  8. fatboybrando

    > "fatboybrando" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi folks
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good
    >> website that gives good advice on setting up your pc & printer?
    >>
    >> I have the problem of viewing the pics on my LCD and then having a
    >> completely different print out!
    >>
    >> Any advice would be welcome!
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Sean