    The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
    any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.

    Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
    Craig Sutton, Mar 10, 2005

  2. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
    >any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
    >
    >Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?

    UK or OZZ Version..?

    UK versions of ALL are way over priced..

    Like a Mag I brought recently OZZ version $14, UK one $34..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    <BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

    <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

    have
    > >any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
    > >
    > >Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
    > >

    > UK or OZZ Version..?

    As far as I know the only PC powerplay magazine is an Aussie one.
    Craig Sutton, Mar 10, 2005
  4. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:56:39 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    ><BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

    ><>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

    >have
    >> >any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
    >> >
    >> >Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
    >> >

    >> UK or OZZ Version..?
    >>

    >As far as I know the only PC powerplay magazine is an Aussie one.

    There is a UK one and 3 different Versions of the OZZ one.

    They bring out now and again a Walktrough version of some games and separate
    CD & DVD Version..

    I some times get the OZZ CD version..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 10, 2005
  5. Craig Sutton

    XPD Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
    > any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
    >
    > Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?

    Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the sticker isnt
    for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off the cover so no
    little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy discs off Amiga
    magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when you paid for the
    magazine.
    XPD, Mar 10, 2005
  6. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > > The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

    have
    > > any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
    > >
    > > Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
    > >

    > Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the sticker

    isnt
    > for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off the cover so no
    > little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy discs off Amiga
    > magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when you paid for the
    > magazine.

    No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the rack
    had Cd's and Cover DVDS
    Craig Sutton, Mar 11, 2005
  7. Craig Sutton

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    >>> The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now
    >>> don't have any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available
    >>> to NZ readers.
    >>>
    >>> Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
    >>>

    >> Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the
    >> sticker isnt for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off
    >> the cover so no little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy
    >> discs off Amiga magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when
    >> you paid for the magazine.
    >>

    > No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
    > rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

    Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
    remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
    copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
    standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop at a
    premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag anyway
    and used to be pissed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
    Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one) would
    submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.

    Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
    posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
    something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the mail
    is considered delivery, also done in the UK.

    I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of the
    software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in NZ,
    for whatever reason.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Mar 11, 2005
  8. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    > > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > >> Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the
    > >> sticker isnt for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off
    > >> the cover so no little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy
    > >> discs off Amiga magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when
    > >> you paid for the magazine.
    > >>

    > > No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
    > > rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

    > Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
    > remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
    > copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
    > standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop at

    > premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag

    anyway
    > and used to be pissed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
    > Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one)

    would
    > submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.
    >
    > Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
    > posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
    > something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the mail
    > is considered delivery, also done in the UK.
    >
    > I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of

    the
    > software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in NZ,
    > for whatever reason.

    Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12 a
    month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd
    Craig Sutton, Mar 11, 2005
  9. Craig Sutton

    Jedmeister Guest

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >> > "XPD" <> wrote in message

    >> > No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
    >> > rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

    >> Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
    >> remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
    >> copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
    >> standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop
    >> at

    >> premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag

    > anyway
    >> and used to be pissed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
    >> Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one)

    > would
    >> submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.
    >>
    >> Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
    >> posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
    >> something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the
    >> mail
    >> is considered delivery, also done in the UK.
    >>
    >> I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of

    > the
    >> software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in
    >> NZ,
    >> for whatever reason.

    > Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12 a
    > month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd

    It is just to stop f***ers stealing the things.
    Jedmeister, Mar 11, 2005
  10. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message news:FoaYd.8683

    > > Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12

    > > month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd
    > >

    > It is just to stop f***ers stealing the things.

    "free offer not available to NZ readers" shown on the cover..

    No other mags in the rack without cd's...

    I would say something to do with Copyright, perhaps some software still
    being sold in NZ market being given away for free this month.
    Craig Sutton, Mar 11, 2005