    WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).

    Cheers
    Brendon

    Brendon, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Brendon

    Struan Judd Guest

    Hello Brendon,

    B> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys
    B> on the Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone
    B> confirm/deny their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the
    B> cheap, same parts as all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these
    B> guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this one...?
    B>
    B> Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
    B> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
    B> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
    B> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
    B>
    B> Cheers
    B> Brendon

    I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for Memory
    and Hard drives.

    TTFN, Strua

    Struan Judd, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Brendon

    Brendon Guest

    Mail order or pick up in store?

    BTW - is their points system of any use?

    Thx.
    Brendon

    Brendon, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Brendon

    Riff Guest

    Brendon wrote:
    > Mail order or pick up in store?
    >
    > BTW - is their points system of any use?
    >
    > Thx.
    > Brendon
    >
    > "Struan Judd" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello Brendon,
    >>
    >>B> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys
    >>B> on the Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone
    >>B> confirm/deny their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the
    >>B> cheap, same parts as all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these
    >>B> guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this one...?
    >>the
    >>B> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
    >>B> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
    >>B> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
    >>B> Brendon
    >>
    >>I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for Memory
    >>and Hard drives.
    >>
    >>TTFN, Struan

    Although there were replies that supercheap were not good, I have bought
    about 15 products off them in the last 3 months and have no problems
    at all with their service or quality of parts. I recommend them.
    riff

    Riff, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Brendon

    Brendon Guest

    Thanks Riff.

    Brendon, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Brendon

    Andrew Guest

    Riff wrote:
    > Brendon wrote:
    >> Mail order or pick up in store?
    >>
    >> BTW - is their points system of any use?
    >>
    >> Thx.
    >> Brendon
    >>
    >> "Struan Judd" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hello Brendon,

    >>> on the
    >>>
    >>> I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for
    >>> Memory and Hard drives.
    >>>
    >>> TTFN, Struan
    >>>

    > Although there were replies that supercheap were not good, I have bought
    > about 15 products off them in the last 3 months and have no problems at
    > all with their service or quality of parts. I recommend them.
    > riff

    Have you ever had to do a warranty return?

    Andrew, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Brendon

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, Brendon wrote:

    > SuperCheapPC.biz

    Do NOT deal with them.

    Super Cheap Computers Ltd are a rip off outfit that does not respond to
    warranty issues, lies, and drags their heels generally.

    Do a google search on them, and you will see plenty of complaints.

    Those that praise them you will find never have had to return anything to
    them. Therefore they are operating from ignorance not experience.

    DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!

    You have been warned.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #98450 +(3833)- [X]

    Jakefeb3: do you know a turtles only weakness?
    AvatarOfSolusek: no
    AvatarOfSolusek: well
    AvatarOfSolusek: thier slowness
    Jakefeb3: there weakness is they cant roll over when they are on their
    backs
    AvatarOfSolusek: lol
    Jakefeb3: now i have a plan
    Jakefeb3: if i duck tape 2 turtles together they are unstoppable

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/04/2006 5:34:20 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Brendon

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Brendon wrote:

    > Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
    > Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny
    > their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as
    > all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor
    > for this one...?
    >
    > Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
    > cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
    > Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
    > WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
    >
    > Cheers
    > Brendon

    If you buy off SuperCheap you may be alright as long as nothing goes wrong
    with the stuff you buy. If you ever have to make a warranty claim or
    return a faulty or incorrect part that's when the fun starts.

    Personally I deal with PB Tech http://www.pbtech.co.nz/ who I've found to be
    helpful and reliable and have reasonably good prices. I've had no problem
    returning/exchanging parts or making warranty claims.

    Mackin_NZ

    Mackin_NZ, Apr 3, 2006
  9. Brendon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, Brendon wrote:
    >
    >> SuperCheapPC.biz

    > Do NOT deal with them.
    >
    > Super Cheap Computers Ltd are a rip off outfit that does not respond
    > to warranty issues, lies, and drags their heels generally.
    >
    > Do a google search on them, and you will see plenty of complaints.
    >
    > Those that praise them you will find never have had to return
    > anything to them. Therefore they are operating from ignorance not
    > experience.
    >
    > DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!
    >
    > You have been warned.

    I have heard this too from persons whose opinions I respect.

    I find it odd that two previously unknown posters have chosen today to start
    posting and have only posted in this thread, saying the SuperCheapPC are
    good.

    Does anyone else smell a rat (or two)?
    --
    ~Shaun~

    ~misfit~, Apr 3, 2006
  10. Brendon

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, "Brendon" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
    >Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny their
    >reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as all the
    >other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this
    >one...?
    >
    >Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
    >cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
    >Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
    >WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).

    They often sell for under cost, to get the top listing on PriceSpy.
    Obviously this means they can offer no level of support whatsoever.

    Basically, they are crap. By almost all accounts.

    Have a look through the thread on GPForums.

    eg: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/197997/6/

    Basically, you get what you pay for.

    Fred Dagg, Apr 3, 2006
  11. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, Brendon wrote:

    > Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
    > Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny their
    > reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as all the
    > other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this
    > one...?
    >
    > Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
    > cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
    > Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
    > WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
    >
    > Cheers
    > Brendon

    Buyer beware.... very slow warranty repairs reported.....

    wogers nemesis, Apr 3, 2006
  12. Brendon

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, "Brendon" <>
    >exclaimed:
    >
    >>Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
    >>cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..

    >Basically, you get what you pay for.

    Brendon, I know I've taken liberties with the context, but Fred's right. The
    margins are too slim overall. I doubt that anyone here would be interested
    in taking you up on your offer - of course, someone will now come along and
    prove me wrong...

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Apr 3, 2006
  13. Brendon

    Wombus Guest

    > Buyer beware.... very slow warranty repairs reported.....

    I've ordered half dozen itmes from Supercheap, they are not as quick as
    most at sending out the goods so perhaps don't consider them if your in
    a big hurry for parts.

    From my one off experience where i had to return faulty goods, they
    were indeed slow... three weeks after i had returned the goods the RMA
    status still read 'awaiting return'. They never bothered to reply to
    any of my questions posted on my board such as "hey hows my RMA return
    coming along and why is the status still 'awaiting return' when i
    returned the goods three weeks ago".
    I found in the end that the only way i could communicate with them was
    to pick up the phone and sit it out and wait on hold till i got
    through.... I was told that the reason for the delay was because i did
    not return the goods in the original packaging (man I can't keep every
    damn box), and that the reason why the status was still awaiting return
    was because the guy at their end who was processing my RMA was slack at
    entering data.
    Anyway, one phone call and they finally sorted it out and replaced the
    item for a new one in shiny new packaging.

    Wombus, Apr 3, 2006
  14. Brendon

    MarkH Guest

    Mackin_NZ <> wrote in

    > Personally I deal with PB Tech http://www.pbtech.co.nz/ who I've found
    > to be helpful and reliable and have reasonably good prices. I've had
    > no problem returning/exchanging parts or making warranty claims.

    I also deal with PB Tech and find them good. Over the last couple of years
    I have purchased well over $20K worth of stuff (some for myself, some on
    behalf of others). With as much as I have bought there have been several
    times when I had to return something due to failed products or incompatible
    products that just would not work with something else. I have found them
    to be good on warranty and returns; with immediate replacement most of the
    time (walk in with dead or incompatible product, 5 - 10 minutes with sales
    person or tech, walk out with new product).

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Apr 3, 2006
  15. Brendon

    Brendon Guest

    Thanks Don, honest answer. I appreciate that. And, I WILL be looking
    elsewhere, not supercheap/no support...
    :)

    Brendon

    Brendon, Apr 3, 2006